Old April 22nd 04, 12:33 PM
Denis O' Flynn

Default Rigblaster & USB follow up

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the help so far

A follow up on my experience.
Have put rig control on USB and using comport for rigblaster.

Now : can RX ok on all dig modes. However I can't hear any sounds from the
external speaker plugged into the back of the rigblaster when I TX. The 850s
does put out a signal alright.

any info appreciated
de Denis EI6HB

Old May 12th 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Dick

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:50:09 GMT, Mark Krubsack
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:33:09 +0100, "Denis O' Flynn"
wrote:

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the help so far

A follow up on my experience.
Have put rig control on USB and using comport for rigblaster.

Now : can RX ok on all dig modes. However I can't hear any sounds from the
external speaker plugged into the back of the rigblaster when I TX. The 850s
does put out a signal alright.

any info appreciated
de Denis EI6HB

I have a similar situation. What did you use for the USB to serial
adaptor? I am using TRX-Manager for rig control, and have to unplug
that from my sole serial port to use the Rigblaster.

Based on your experience, what's the best way to go?

KE6OI,
Mark Krubsack,

Rigblaster sells a USB/Serial adapter made by IO Gear for use with the
Rigblaster.

Dick - W6CCD
Old May 18th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Dave Oldridge

Dick wrote in
:

wrote:

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the help so far

A follow up on my experience.
Have put rig control on USB and using comport for rigblaster.

Now : can RX ok on all dig modes. However I can't hear any sounds
from the external speaker plugged into the back of the rigblaster
when I TX. The 850s does put out a signal alright.

any info appreciated
de Denis EI6HB

I have a similar situation. What did you use for the USB to serial
adaptor? I am using TRX-Manager for rig control, and have to unplug
that from my sole serial port to use the Rigblaster.

Based on your experience, what's the best way to go?

KE6OI,
Mark Krubsack,

Rigblaster sells a USB/Serial adapter made by IO Gear for use with the
Rigblaster.

Dick, I've been thinking of getting one of these, but my rig is an old
Ten Tec Omni-D series B. Is it difficult to wire up a mic adaptor for
these? My rig (and mic) want to see a standard stereo phono plug with
PTT on the tip and audio on the ring.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667
Old May 18th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Dick

On Thu, 18 May 2006 01:32:09 GMT, Dave Oldridge
wrote:
Dick, I've been thinking of getting one of these, but my rig is an old
Ten Tec Omni-D series B. Is it difficult to wire up a mic adaptor for
these? My rig (and mic) want to see a standard stereo phono plug with
PTT on the tip and audio on the ring.

It shouldn't be any more difficult to wire up than for any other
radio. RigBlaster may even have the jumper settings for that
particular radio. Send them an e-mail.

Dick