Old August 26th 04, 04:34 PM
Obadiah

Paul Rubin wrote:

Obadiah writes:
How would one go about setting up communication, say from his laptop (in
the field) to a desktop in a house? The ranges would be very short.

Why not just use wifi?

Thanks again. For actual use I will be likely using wifi, though I will have
to overcome some distance issues at certain points.

I just like to tinker. RTTY is something I haven't ever tried, so was just
curious. Thanks.

Old August 27th 04, 02:37 AM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article ,
says...

I've been thinking of getting a HAM license for a while know. This might be a
good reason. Thanks for the reply.

You're most welcome. I would suggest contacting whatever ham club
is local to your area. Such clubs frequently teach classes designed to
bring newcomers into the fold, as it were.

For a listing of clubs, visit:

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/club/clubsearch.phtml

Input your state of residence into the search widget, and you'll
get a complete rundown of ARRL-affiliated clubs in your area.

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"