Old August 25th 04, 04:40 PM
Obadiah

Default RTTY?

Hi. Is there any way that someone could experiment w/ RTTY w/o a HAM
license? Perhaps w/ a MUR?

To answer the why question, just because I'm curious. Thanks.

Old August 25th 04, 05:35 PM
Hank Oredson

"Obadiah" wrote in message
Hi. Is there any way that someone could experiment w/ RTTY w/o a HAM
license? Perhaps w/ a MUR?

To answer the why question, just because I'm curious. Thanks.

El Cheapo CB handi talkies.
Low power version under Part 15 rules.
Will work fine for experimenting over a couple hundred feet.

--

... Hank

http://horedson.home.att.net
http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old August 25th 04, 06:14 PM
Obadiah

Hank Oredson wrote:

"Obadiah" wrote in message
Hi. Is there any way that someone could experiment w/ RTTY w/o a HAM
license? Perhaps w/ a MUR?

To answer the why question, just because I'm curious. Thanks.

El Cheapo CB handi talkies.
Low power version under Part 15 rules.
Will work fine for experimenting over a couple hundred feet.

--

... Hank

http://horedson.home.att.net
http://w0rli.home.att.net

Thanks for the kind follow up. I thought the FCC didn't allow any digital
transmissions on the citizens band (CB) frequences? Maybe it changed?

How would one go about setting up communication, say from his laptop (in
the field) to a desktop in a house? The ranges would be very short.

Thanks.

Old August 25th 04, 07:13 PM
Paul Rubin

Obadiah writes:
How would one go about setting up communication, say from his laptop (in
the field) to a desktop in a house? The ranges would be very short.

Why not just use wifi?
Old August 25th 04, 07:13 PM
Paul Rubin

Old August 26th 04, 04:34 PM
Obadiah

Paul Rubin wrote:

Obadiah writes:
How would one go about setting up communication, say from his laptop (in
the field) to a desktop in a house? The ranges would be very short.

Why not just use wifi?

Thanks again. For actual use I will be likely using wifi, though I will have
to overcome some distance issues at certain points.

I just like to tinker. RTTY is something I haven't ever tried, so was just
curious. Thanks.