Old October 6th 04, 07:19 AM
Joel

Default APRS and a Moble

I seem to have a problem with having two radios. One is dedicated to APRS
and will start operating when I turn on the ignition. The other is a normal
2 meter mobile. When I key the 2 meter mobile it drives the APRS mobile
nuts. I am thinking I need a sharp band pass filter or duplexer. What is
everyone else doing about this problem? Or am I the only one with two
radios?

Joe AG4QC

Old October 11th 04, 08:00 AM
Mike M.

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:19:26 -0500, "Joel" wrotF:

I seem to have a problem with having two radios. One is dedicated to APRS
and will start operating when I turn on the ignition. The other is a normal
2 meter mobile. When I key the 2 meter mobile it drives the APRS mobile
nuts. I am thinking I need a sharp band pass filter or duplexer. What is
everyone else doing about this problem? Or am I the only one with two
radios?

Joe AG4QC

I have two radios, and the APRS radio running about 25 w out does
desense the other 2m radio for a second every couple minutes. The
laptop and TNC also cause some noise problems. I'm sure the APRS
radio is desensed when I talk on the other 2m radio, but it is
something I can live with.

It would take some really good filters to help much, and probably not
practically possible.