Old December 3rd 04, 07:06 PM
Noise From Afar

Default Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4RBI On The Air Now

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

--
ruido de icógnito

Old December 4th 04, 03:13 PM
Peter Dougherty

Bill Turner said :

You may need that linear. Running 1500 watts and a four-element quad I
had a rough time but finally made it. Switching to a dipole, I could
barely hear them. QTH here is So California.

Lucky! Here in NYC, with 9 elements up 125' (Cushcraft X9) they were
completely inaudible. Not a whisper. Sigh.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net

Old December 5th 04, 06:44 AM
Big Smurf

Noise From Afar wrote:

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

Old December 5th 04, 07:02 AM

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 06:44:42 GMT, "Big Smurf"
wrote:

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

Gee, where have we heard that before? EVERY DXpedition was the worst
DXpedition ever - according to the guys who didn't werk 'em. But the
good news is that every DXpedition was the BEST DXpedition ever -
according to the guys who did werk 'em.... Go figure.

73, Jim KH2D

Old December 5th 04, 10:41 AM
Peter Lemken

Big Smurf wrote:
Noise From Afar wrote:

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

VK0MM was a good operator, it seems you were not. Apart from that, VK0MM was
not a DXpedition.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Toleranz, das war doch diese resultierende Verhaltensweise, wenn man sich
zwischen Abscheu und Mitleid nicht entscheiden kann.

(Andreas Kroschel in de.alt.talk.unmut)