Old May 4th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default BS7H

Hi
What is the best time to listen for BS7H in the 8 Call area ?

TO date I have hot heard the Station and only one day left ??
73
Larse
Old May 4th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:45:08 -0400, wrote:

Hi
What is the best time to listen for BS7H in the 8 Call area ?

TO date I have hot heard the Station and only one day left ??
73
Larse

I heard in 8 call area about 9AM but weak and did not make contact
Old May 5th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

The strongest signals I heard in MI this week were between 8:00am and 9:30am
on 20 meters. They are running simultaneously on both CW and phone. My
observation is that the CW ops are running a tighter-ship, have fewer
traffic cops assisting, and thus more QSOs than the phone guys. CW may be
your best bet for the final day {especially a Saturday!}.

Good luck,

--
-larry
K8UT

Old May 5th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Absolute misery in CT. I've heard a few times on 20 CW, but
the first time he was being jammed, and the few times the
helpful frequency cops and other clutter made him
virtually unreadable. My modest antenna (8 ele. log) usually
does the job, but I'm not betting the farm on a contact this
time around. Conditions just aren't there yet.

pete k1zjh

Old May 5th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Dear Larse (no call sign):

I do not know where in Michigan (or the 8th call area) you are located.
After all, Michigan is a very large state.

I am in the central part of the lower peninsula. Only on 20 meters have
they had a strong signal. As others have said, CW provides the best chance
of a contact. I have found that their signal gets good about 7:45 A.M. EDST
(1145Z), peaks about 8:30 A.M. EDST, and becomes weak by something like 9:30
A.M. EDST.

This morning (May 4, 2007), on 20 SSB, the operator spent a lot of time
on 3s, 2s, 1s, and then 0s. He called for 9s - almost immediately decided
that signals were weak, and left to work EU. All the while, a useful signal
was heard on 20 CW.

I suggest starting to listen tomorrow at about 7 A.M. EDST. My
expectation is that the farther north you are, the shorter will be the
opening.

73, Mac N8TT (my actual present call sign)

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

BS7H Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] Dx 12 May 4th 07 02:55 PM
Status of BS7H ? J. Mc Laughlin Dx 0 April 21st 07 11:13 PM