Old August 27th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.info,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #823

SB DX @ WW KB8NW $OPDX.823
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 823

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster
DX Bulletin No. 823
BID: $OPDX.823
August 27, 2007
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX
Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet
Clusters Network, K1XN & GoList, K2PF, AA3B, KA3UNQ, NG3K, W3UR & The
Daily DX, N4AA & QRZ DX, K8YSE, DX-IS News Site, Pete's-DX-Newsdesk,
9A6AA, DK8JB, DL5ME, DL7MAE & The DX News Letter, F5NQL & UFT, F6AJA
& Les Nouvelles DX, HA0HW, I1HYW, I1JQJ/IK1ADH & 425 DX News, OZ1HPS,
RSGB IOTA Web Site and VA3RJ & ICPO for the following DX information.

EDITOR'S SPECIAL NOTE (by KB8NW): There will "NOT" be an OPDX bulletin
for September 3rd. I am taking my wife (OPDX's Chief Proof-Reader) for
her birthday on Thursday to visit my daughter (Katie) and son-in-law in
Murfreesboro, TN, and for the holiday weekend. Besides, I can really use
the break! However, PLEASE continue to send your DX info to me. If
something major happens, I will announce it.

DXCC COUNTRY/ENTITY REPORT:
According to the AR-Cluster Network for the week of Sunday, 19th/August,
through Sunday, 26th/August there were 205 countries active. Countries
available: 3A, 3B8, 3W, 4J, 4L, 4O, 4S, 4U1U, 4X, 5A, 5B, 5H, 5N, 5R,
5V, 5Z, 6W, 6Y, 7Q, 7X, 8P, 8R, 9A, 9G, 9H, 9J, 9K, 9L, 9M2, 9M6, 9N,
9Q, 9V, 9Y, A2, A4, A5, A6, A7, AP, BV, BY, C3, C5, CE, CE9, CM, CN,
CP, CT, CT3, CU, CX, D4, D6, DL, DU, E5/s, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, EA9, EI,
EK, EL, EP, ER, ES, ET, EU, EX, EY, F, FG, FJ, FK, FO, FP, FR, G, GD,
GI, GJ, GM, GU, GW, HA, HB, HB0, HC, HH, HI, HK, HL, HP, HR, HS, HZ, I,
IS, J3, J5, J6, JA, JT, JW, JY, K, KG4, KH0, KH2, KH6, KL, KP2, KP4,
LA, LU, LX, LY, LZ, OA, OD, OE, OH, OH0, OJ0, OK, OM, ON, OX, OY, OZ,
P4, PA, PJ2, PJ7, PY, PZ, R1FJ, S5, S7, SM, SP, SU, SV, SV5, SV9, T32,
T5, T7, T9, TA, TF, TG, TI, TJ, TK, TN, TT, TU, UA, UA2, UA9, UK, UN,
UR, V2, V3, V4, V5, V7, V8, VE, VK, VK9N, VP5, VP6, VP8, VP9, VQ9, VR,
VU, XE, XU, XW, YA, YB, YI, YL, YN, YO, YU, YV, Z2, Z3, ZA, ZB, ZC4,
ZD9, ZF, ZL, ZP, ZS

* PLEASE NOTE: The report "could" contain "Pirate/SLIM" operations or
more likely a "BUSTED CALLSIGN". As always, you never know - "Work
First Worry Later" (WFWL).

3DA, SWAZILAND. Operators Donovan/ZS2DL, Rhy/ZS6DXB and Daniel/ZS6JR
will be active as 3DA0WW during the CQ World Wide DX SSB Contest (October
27-28th) as a Multi-2 entry. QSL via ZS6DXB. Look for more info on the
Web site at: http://www.zs6dxb.bravehost.com

3D2, FIJI (Just A Reminder). Look for Tomas, VK2CCC (LY1F), to be active
as 3D2MT between August 28th and September 4th. Activity will be on 80-17
meters, mainly CW and an entry in the All Asia DX Contest. QSL via the LoTW
or via LY1F. Visit his Web page at: http://www.qrz.lt/ly1df

4U1U, UNITED NATIONS HQ. Yes, there was a small operation this past weekend
by Paul/WQ2N and his father Gary/W2VQ between (about) 1645-1900z. Activity
seemed to be on 20/12/6 meters. QSL via HB9BOU.

5Z, KENYA. Operator Chris, DL2MDU, will be active as 5Z4/DL2MDU between
September 10-24th. Activity will be holiday style mainly on CW. Bands of
operations were not provided. QSL via the bureau to his home callsign.

A3, TONGA (IOTA Op). Ron, ZL1AMO, plans to activate Lifuka (OC-169)
between August 27th and September 16th. Activity will be holiday style,
and he hopes to renew his old callsign A35EA.

AT60, INDIA (Special Event). Members of the National Institute of Amateur
Radio (NIAR) in Hyderabad will activate the special event station AT60MY
to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Indian's independence. Activity will
last until November 17th. QSL via VU2NRO.

C5, THE GAMBIA (Update). Members of the "Mosquitos Contest Club" (known
as OM0C Contest Crew) continue to prepare for their trip to The Gambia,
that will take place between October 17-30th. The OM0C contest team will
use the callsign C52C and C50C. Operators mentioned a Rich/OM2TW,
Bob/OM1KW, Joe/OM5AW, Roman/OM2RA, Norbert/OM5NM, Dano/OM1NW and Jan/OM2XW.
Activity will be on all HF bands (160-10m) and 6m with an emphasis on the
lower bands, especially 160m. During their DXpedition, the team will try
to activate Bijol Island (AF-060). Currently, they still don't have
permission for landing or the licence for the island. (KYFC and stay
tuned for any news.) QSL via OM2FY, by the Bureau or direct to: Branislav
Daras, P.O. Box 6, Bratislava 28, 82008, Slovakia. The DXpedition will QSL
all correct SWL reports. For updates, visit:
http://www.om0c.com/gambia/index.html

EA8, CANARY ISLANDS. Heinz-Peter, DH1PS, will be active as EA8/DH1PS/p
from Fuerteventura Island and its Lighthouse (WLOTA 0883) between August
25th and September 8th. Bands and modes of activity were not provided.

IOTA NEWS...........................
EU-016. Alen, 9A4WW, plans to activate the Croatian Island/Lighthouse
of Lastovo (CI-051, MC-196, LH-0815) between August 27th and
September 3rd. Activity will be on 160, 80 and 40 meters SSB.

EU-016. Mladen, 9A2NA, will activate Korcula Island (CI-041, MC-163,
WLOTA L-1315) from September 1-10th. Activity will be on SSB
and the HF bands. Also, he plans to activate two new IOCA
islands: Cerin and Prznjak Mali. He will use a FT-897 and
vertical/dipole antennas.

EU-017. Fabio, IK8HJC, will be active as ID9/IK8HJC from Vulcano
Island (IIA ME-018, MIA MI-122, WLOTA LH-1001) between now
and September 1st. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by
the bureau.

EU-037. Operators Mario/DL5ME and Guenter/DG3HWO will be active as SD7ME
from Oland Island, September 6-11th. Activity will be on the
40/30/20/17 meters on CW and SSB. They plan to use a Butternut
and Spiderbeam. QSL via SD7ME (QRZ.com address).

EU-074. Bernardo, HB9ASZ, will be active as F/HB9ASZ/P from the Island
of Brehat in Brittany, France, between September 1-22nd.
Activity will be CW only with a very modest station (100w and
a multiband-dipole). His operation will be mostly in the
evenings since it is a family holiday trip and he reports that
he favors 30m.

EU-110. Operators Ruda/OK1HWS, Honza/OK1JK, Jiri/OK1JST and Vlasta/
OK1UXH will be active as 9A/homecall from Porer Island (ACIA
IC-46, CIA-35, IOCA CI-090, MIA MC-313, WLOTA LH-0240),
September 9-14th. Activity will be on 80/40/30/20/17/15/10
meters using CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK. QSL all calls via OK1JST.

EU-136. Francois, ON4LO, will be active as 9A/ON4LO from Losinj Island
(ACIA IC-116, CIA-25, IOCA CI-058, MIA MC-204, WLOTA LH-4295),
September 8-28th. Activity will mainly be on 10/15/20m SSB, VHF
and 6m. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by the bureau.

EU-170. Lada, OK1LO, will be active as 9A5LO/p from Pasman Island
(CIA-34, CI-085 and MIA MC-291), now through September 3rd.
Activity will be on 80-10 meters including the WARC bands,
and on CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31. He will also activate the
following Croatian islands: Osljak (CI-081), Ugljan (CI- 134)
and Galovac (CI-604). QSL via his home callsign, direct or
by the bureau.

EU-170. Niko, DD1MAT, will be active as 9A/DD1MAT from Dugi Otok
Island (ACIA CI-367, CIA-10, IOCA CI-018, MIA MC-074, WLOTA
LH-2375), September 1-15th. Look for activity around the usual
IOTA and island frequencies. QSL via his home callsign, direct
or by the bureau.

OC-022. Rich, PA0RRS, will be active as YB9/PA0RRS from Bali Island
(LH-2589) from August 26th to September 24th. Most activity
will be on 40-10 meters, but Rich will also give 80 and 6
meters a try. QSL via his home callsign. Rich reports that
on April 4th he started processing and mailing out the cards
from his recent activity as 9M2MRS.

J2, DJIBOUTI. Darko, T95A, is on assignment in Djibouti and expects to be
there for at least a year. He plans on setting up a station in the near
future and will be operating as time permits. Darko has been assigned the
callsign J28OO, and K2PF will handle his QSL cards.

J3, GRENADA. Look for Gerd, DL7VOG, to be active as J3/DL7VOG from the
Island of Grenada (NA-024), August 27-31st. He will then move to Carriacou
Island (NA-147), another island in the Grenada group and be active from
there until September 16th. Activity will be on 160-6 meters, mostly CW
and RTTY, with a little SSB. QSL via his home callsign, direct or the
bureau using E-mail requests to:

JD1/M, MINAMI TORISHIMA (OC-073). Operator Masafumi, JA6GXK, will be
active from Marcus Island as JD1BMM between August 27th and September
18th. He seems to like PSK31 on 20 meters but plans to be active on
80-10 meters on CW, SSB, PSK, RTTY and SSTV.

JW, SVALBARD (EU-026). Operators Karl/LA8DW and Lars/OZ1HPS will be
active as JW8DW and JW/OZ1HPS, respectively, between October 1-7th.
Activity will be on CW and SSB (bands not provided). QSL via their
home callsigns or by the bureau.

LIGHTHOUSE AND USI ACTIVATION: Look for special event station W3B to
operate from the Blackistone Lighthouse (ARLHS USA-060(H)) on St. Clements
Island (USI MD-028R) from 1400-2000z on September 15th. Activity will be
on 40/20/17 meters CW/SSB and possibly PSK-31. QSL with S.A.S.E. to KA3UNQ
(See and follow QSL instructions on QRZ.com.) You will receive a photo
QSL with a certificate on request.

MM, SCOTLAND (Lighthouse/WAB Activity). Colin/MM0NDX and his XYL will be
on holiday in the Highlands of Scotland between August 25th and September
1st. Colin's location will be WAB locator NN15. During his holiday, Colin
intends to activate at least one lighthouse, definitely Corran Point
Lighthouse (SCO-051) and possibly Ardnamurchan Lighthouse (SCO-005). He
is also thinking about airing the rare locators of Rannoch Moor/Rannoch
Moor(2) - WAB NN25 which is only a few miles from his holiday location.
Look for him around 14257 kHz (+/- kHz).

QSL INFO AND NEWS.....................
QSL ROUTES by Johannes, DK8JB:
UU4JWM via UU4JDD W6C via W6WTG
VK6CLL via VK6YS W8L via K8PT
W1L via W4YFJ VK6CNL via VK6KHD (direct)
W1NVT via W4YFJ ZS1YVP direct
W4A via K8CXM

GOLIST QSL MANAGER DATABASE HELP NEEDED. John, K1XN, from the GoList
informs: "During my QSL Manager confirmation process, I have accum-
alated a list of QSL Managers for which I could not find a published
E-mail address, or the E-mail address that I found is not valid and
bounces mail. Listed below are some of those QSL Managers that I am
having problems with. I hope that maybe they will read this message
and take the time to update their E-mail address on QRZ.com or send
them to me direct at:
"
HA0NAR HB9AII I0YCB I5GWO IK1AIF IK5WOB IS0LFZ IW5CNU
HA3JB HB9BRM I1ASU I5ZMH IK1APO IK5ZUI IT9NJE IZ1DSH
HA5KHC HB9FMD I1XOI I6GFX IK2BHX IK7JWY IT9RBW IZ4BZB
HA6KNB HB9QR I1XXM I8NSK IK2LNJ IK8DYD IV3DHD IZ8EBI
HA6OI HL1OYF I2AZ I8YGZ IK2PZG IK8GDA IV3NVB IZ8EDJ
HA6PS HR1RMG I2MQP IK0IKE IK2WXZ IK8JVQ IV3ORM
HA6PS HS0ZFZ I2PTE IK0JFS IK3ZAW IN3DEI IW1PZC
HA7SQ I0KHP I2YDX IK0PRP IK4QJF IN3VZE IW2KVT
HA8PH I0VWV I2ZGA IK0REH IK5BCM IS0JMA IW2NEF

QSL TU2/F5LDY via F1CGN, direct or by the Bureau. Operator Jean Luc,
F5LDY, went QRT from the Ivory Coast on August 25th, after more than
20,000 QSOs. Online log is available at:
http://f5kee.free.fr/

QSLS VIA LOTW: BS7H, EI/SP4Z, FW0MO, FW0YL, MD0CCE, TJ3FR, VP2V/DL4WK,
VP2V/DL7DF, VU2NKS and VY2MT

QSLS RECEIVED VIA MAIL: 5W0NU, A25KDJ, AP2TN, BS7H, GS0GRC/P, GW8K,
HL5FUA, HS0AC, HZ1AN, N2US/P, N8S, OT7C, P29ZAD, PJ2/W9VA, SU8DLH,
V44KAI, XT2C, YB1A and ZL8R

SV/J4, GREECE. Geza, HA4XG, will once again return here for a family
holiday. His first stop will be in Corfu (Kerkyra) Island (IOTA: EU-052,
MIA: MG-055, JM99WR ) between August 31st and September 6th. He will
operate on the HF bands, and 6 and 2 meters as J48XG and SV8/HA4XG. Look
for him to enter the IARU VHF Contest (September 1-2nd). Activity will be
on Meteor Scatter transmitting (random) on 144.363 MHz. Geza will than
move to Amaliapoli (KM19KE) in Thessalia, near Volos, September 7-14th.
His callsigns will be J44XG and SV4/HA4XG, and he will be active on the
HF bands, and 6 and 2 meters. He will again be active on 2 meters using
Meteor Scatter. Look for him during his morning and evening hours on CW.
His rig is an IC-746 into DunaX verticals, preamp on 2 meters, and 10
element DK7ZB Yagi. QSL via the Hungarian QSL Bureau or direct to his
QRZ.com address.

V2, ANTIGUA. Bud, AA3B, will be active as V26K between November 21-26th.
Activity will include the CQ World-Wide DX CW Contest (November 24-25th)
as a Single-Op/All-Band/Low-Power entry. This will be an all CW operation
on the contest HF bands only. Please QSL via AA3B.

V8, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM. Operators Ronald/PA3EWP, Flo/F5CWU and Tom/GM4FDM
are planning a DXpedition to here between November 4-18th. Callsigns are
as follows: Operator V8 Callsign QSL Route
-------- ----------- ---------
PA3EWP V8FWP QSL via PA7FM
F5CWU V8FWU QSL via F5CWU
GM4FDM V8FDM QSL via GM4FDM
Activity will be on all bands from 160-10 meters, conditions permitting.
Modes of operations will be on CW, SSB and RTTY. Special attention will be
given to the lower bands (160-30m). Also, special attention will be given
to Western Europe and the USA. They plan to use at least one beam antenna
along with verticals and dipoles. All operators have plenty of experience
during DXpedition operation. Depending on InterNet availability, they shall
try to maintain online logs at a Web site yet to be established. The Web
master will be Dennis, PA7FM, - http://www.pa7fm.nl/

VK9W, WILLIS ISLAND. Operators Tomi/HA7RY and George/AA7JV are expected to
leave Cairns on September 22nd on the Motor Vessell Varzin (with George
skippering), and hope to commence an operation on Willis on September 25th.
Their callsign will VK9WWI. They plan to stay (depart) on October 5th.
Please note that these dates are strongly WX dependent. With the Varzin
only being a 60 foot motor vessel, operators may delay their departure and
wait for favorable weather. Their intent is to set up on the North Cay, but
may land on Middle Cay instead due to some recent advice they received.
They plan to play it by ear because navigating between coral heads is a
scary thing, so the ability to get close to the cay and a good anchorage
will decide where they end up. Tomi, HA7RY, will be working the high bands
during the day (while George is diving). Then George will work 160 and 80
meters at night. They plan on using 500 watts into two vertical antenna
systems. They have chosen the Spiderbeam Telescoping 60 foot mast for the
60 foot inverted L on 160 and 80 meters, as well as the 40 foot Spiderbeam
Telescopic mast for 40/30/20 meters. George advises that they have not
selected operating frequencies but are open for ideas. STAY TUNED.

VP5, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS. Operators Frank/WA2VYA, Tony/W2WAS, Ken/K2WB
and John/N2VW will be active as VP5T during the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October
27-28th) as a Multi/Multi/Dxpedition entry. QSL via N2VW or LoTW. Their
activity will be from Providenciales (NA-003), October 23-30th. Look for
CW and operations on the WARC bands before and after the contest. Operators
will sign using VP5/homecall. QSL to their home callsigns. No eQSLS. SWL
QSLs are OK.

VP8, FALKLAND ISLANDS. Chris, GM0TQJ, will be active from East Falkland
(SA-002) as VP8CXV during his spare time between September 8th and January
15th (2008). Activity will be mainly SSB but with some RTTY and PSK31.
QSL via his home callsign.

** IMPORTANT NOTICE/REMINDER ** The Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin now has a new
FAX number. Contributors can now send/fax their DX information to the
following number: 1-419-828-7791 ( F A X only! )
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB HOME PAGE:
http://www.papays.com/nodxa.html
Excerpts and distribution of The OPDX Bulletin are granted as long as
KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receive credit. To contribute DX info, please send
via InterNet Mail to: - OR -
Information can now be faxed to the following "NEW" phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)

/EXIT
--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW -