Old November 10th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF

I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF
Shortwave service with 1kw

Ca anyone tell me where to get one ?

web address?

Old November 10th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

no probs

found a supplier

I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF

Shortwave service with 1kw
Can anyone help with where I get get a good compact one
A web address ?

Tried

http://www.bushcomm.com/

Thank You

http://www.radio2doublev.org/

Keith at
Double V Shortwave australia at Fairfield NSW

Tio help Gordon We will need somone to help out and join our
association
with the instalation of looking after of this this site
250Kw to Asia and the Pacific is next on the list

Old November 12th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Nov 11, 6:04 am, "SPAM FREE australia.radio.broadcast.moderated
(Keitha)_" wrote:
no probs

found a supplier

I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF

Shortwave service with 1kw
Can anyone help with where I get get a good compact one
A web address ?

Tried

http://www.bushcomm.com/

Thank You

http://www.radio2doublev.org/

Keith at
Double V Shortwave australia at Fairfield NSW

Tio help Gordon We will need somone to help out and join our
association
with the instalation of looking after of this this site
250Kw to Asia and the Pacific is next on the list

SPAM FREE australia.radio.broadcast.moderated (Keitha)_ wrote:

I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF
Shortwave service with 1kw

Ca anyone tell me where to get one ?

web address?

======================
== 60 metres ,hence freq is 5 MHz ?
== Fixed frequency ?
== What is desired operating range ?
== What area is available to accommodate an antenna?

If for a limited range I would put up a single tubular (guyed) mast
with
a non-metal top end and fit an inverted V shape dipole with a suitable
length of twin feeder and a current balun/choke near the transmitter
,assuming the transmitter needs to see a 50 Ohms resistive load.
The dipole would be 2 times 15 metres long with the twin feeder length
30 meters or a multiple thereof .

Alternatively an inverted V dipole ,length 2 times 30 metres with the
twin feeder length 15 metres or an odd multiple thereof.

Your question is too broad , please specify purpose and operating
freq/range of the transmitter.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

That's sort of a 'broad' question. Depends a lot on where the
antenna is to be situated and the state of your bank account versus
your building abilities.
An antenna's environment determines much of it's electrical
characteristics, so that can be an important part of the 'selecting'
process. An antenna's mechanical characteristics also are part of
that 'selecting' process. There are gobs of antenna 'styles'/types so
those mechanical 'problems' can usually be sorted out easily, sort of.
Can't give you a particular address for that antenna, but would
suggest doing lots of 'shopping' before buying. Making one to fill
your need isn't unreasonable at all and can certainly be cheaper
(important consideration if you're as 'cheap' as I am!).
Good luck.
- 'Doc

May be

http://members.tripod.com/~KE4UYP/60...V_Antenna.html

HTX-10 10 meter xcvr - not transmitting on USB WA9WHD General 8 May 14th 07 02:40 PM
Aerial Booster [email protected] Antenna 5 March 15th 05 12:09 AM
Aerial Tony Shortwave 0 March 9th 05 08:18 PM
Sangean 505 ext aerial Chris Thompson Shortwave 1 October 23rd 04 07:01 AM
ext aerial Chris Thompson Shortwave 0 October 17th 04 08:24 AM