Old June 27th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-06-27

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-06-27.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Get ready for HAM RADIO 2008 in Friedrichshafen this Weekend!
The Friedrichshafen Ham Radio event will take place from June
27 - 29, 2008. The new webpage of them is online:
http://www.hamradio-friedrichshafen.de/html/de/
Some member of the MMMonVHF Team will join these party. If you
have any ideas and suggestions to MMMonVHF leave them it to them...

***

Again nice Sporadic E Openings on 144 MHz...
If you interested in reading more info or if youself made some ES
contacts on 144 MHz and wants to share it with the active community,
please be welcome at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php Frank, PA4EME
and Udo, DK5YA will try to setup the latest overviews from YOUR input
and from DXCluster infos as soon as possible day by day! You will be
able to find up to date infos, as well summaries and details back to
the year 2004 and as well you be able to upload your own sporadic
E log! We start the service in may and so please excuse if something
might be slower and need more patience in the begin. If you have any
further ideas around these section, you are very welcome! Of course
as well from US (and later from ZL/VK) ES reports are welcome!!!

***

144MHz eMOST-WANTED-SQUARES and DXCCs Data...
DUBUS / FT and MMMonVHF have decided a time ago to start with this
page and have online updating services - PLEASE remember time to
time to UPDATE: Most Wanted Squares: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
and your Most Wanted DXCCs: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php You
will show the Expeditions the way where to go ;-)

***

Last Newsletter from at home for the next 2 weeks. Guido, "Guy"
DL8EBW, will be qrv from his holiday QTH in EA5 (JM08BR) at
144 MHz within MS and EME and of course he also will take care on
all updates around VHF! He will be reachable via KST-Chat and at
the MMM DXBlog:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=EA5-DL8EBW"
In any case of NEWS to spread around please use the normal:
(via the Contact-Sheet: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php or
via the Post-News-Sheet: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php )

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

VHF/6M Expedition to Kairo by SU1KM, EA7KW and DL8YHR.
We will try to be QRV near 24 hours from Locator KL59MX
Using long Yagies on each Band - Frequencys are 6M: 50110 on 6m qsy
up or down if openings 50200 for Moonbounce - 2M: 144100 tx....
rx 144099 to 144101 on EME 144300 on tropo and es if ES i will go
144250 split 5 up Wsjt will be run on 144370 - CW Skeds on request!
SU1KM will always run even... More details , as well LOG (later):
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1529 - up to now there are
some noise and receipt problems...
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Frank, DL8YHR

***

Roby, IK8BIZ, at IB0CW in JN60 did send us Foto and LOG via Carlo:
Past weekend Roby, IK8BIZ, did activate the rare Square JN60 via 50 MHz
and 144 MHz MS. Goto REVIEW please and search for IB0CW - youll find
a link to the LOG and his Foto...
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Carlo, I5TWK

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Take info that our club station IQ8BI/8 will be operative during
IARU July contest on all VHF UHF and 1200 MHz bands, ww.loc JN71il
LATEST NEWS de Carlo, I5TWK, dated 2008-06-25: We will have sure
also MS, but don't know if the contest will give us time to spend.
Surely we will be sometimes active in the night and morning before
the contest date... Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Carlo, I5TWK

***

UU1DX qrv in IARU Contest from rare Square KN65OR next weekend!
144 mhz - TS2000 / 1 kw / 6.5 wl yagi / LNA
432 MHz - TS2000 / 1 kw / 2x26 ele yagi / LNA
1296 MHz - 2.1 m dish / 300 w / LNA/ FT847 + transverter by UHF
units Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Oleg, UU1DX

***

The K2TER rover will be QRV for Field Day with the Rochester DX
Association's Field Day Team - call sign W2RDX from FN13gg. We will
have good power and antennas for all 10 bands from 50 MHz - 10 GHz
SSB/CW. On weak signal look for us on 144.200 +/- QRM On FM 146.55
All FM freqs as follows: 6 bands! 52.525, 146.55, 223.5, 446.0,
927.5, 1294.5 MHz Let's hope for some openings on 6M!
GL to All, Bill Source: K2TER via VHF-Reflector

***

The 4M5DXgroup is planning a forthcoming activation IOTA, in this
case will Blanquilla Island SA-037 with the call YW5IOTA.
Alex/YV5SSB, as a leader of the group and operators will be YV5TX,
YY4MP, YY4RN, YV1FM, YV5EU, OH0XX/YV5WW, YV5ANT, and YV5MSG.
The date will be between 4 to 9 August and will operate from 6 to
160 meters in SSB, CW and Digital ... More informations:
Corrado IT9DAA. http://yw5iota.4m5dx.info/ Source: [GOLIST] YW5IOTA

***

The special issued prefix *P41USA* (remembering the USA attacks on
Sept 11, 2001) will again be activated from Sept 03 - 12th, 2008
from Aruba. Operators will be P49T(W3BTX), P43JB and W3TEF who is
also the QSL manager. We will be operating all bands 160 through
2 Meters. 73's Bob P49T / W3BTX
PS: Last year was the 1st time for P41USA & we worked over 4,000
Q's & over 100 countries. Also thanks for all your dedication with
providing DX info to the deserving. Source: Bill/NG3K

***

01/08/2008: SCC DXpedition to Kosovo - YU8/S56M will be the call
sign of Slovenia contest club team which will visit Kosovo in first
part of August 2008. Main target is participation in WAE CW contest.
Activity outside of the contest will be on all HF bands and modes,
including 6 meters. QSL via S57U. More information will be available
at: lea.hamradio.si/~scc/kosovo/kosovo.htm [S50XX]
Source: ICPO Bulletin (June 26 - July 04, 2008)

***

The White Tower DX Team plus SV1ENG and SV2GNQ will air
special event call sign SY75NW between June 29th and July 6th to
celebrate 75 years of Hellenic Naval Week. They will be located at
the Megalou Emvolou lighthouse (ARLHS GRE-096, Admiralty E4498),
mainland Greece, Province of Macedonia (WW Loc. KN10JL). Activity
will be on all HF bands, plus 6 meters. QSL via SV2HPP. Further
information can be found at www.whitetowerdxt.com/ [SV2FPU]
Source: ICPO Bulletin (June 26 - July 04, 2008)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)