Old June 10th 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-06-10

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-06-10.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Kadri, TA1D did send us following Info to spread out again:
The 5'the TA VHF-UHF Contest will take place on July 6'th 2008,
0700-1500 UTC. Although the primary task is to encourage multimode
and dx operations in the national scope, international participation
is welcomed. More details, rules, infos you be able to get at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1606
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Kadri, TA1D

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

I0/DK0A is qrv the whole week from JN51XX day by day 7 to 17 UT!
They are setup their MMM DXBlog where they have an ONLINE-Log:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=I0-DK0A
We get the chance to activate one of the Most Wanted Squares JN51XX.
We will be QRV from June 8 to June 14, 2008 on 144MHz and 50MHz SSB
CW FSK441. Operating time is limited to 06:30 - 17:30UTC because of
restrictions of the nature reserve. More at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1562
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Thomas, DH8IAT

***

Bouke, PA0ZH and René, PE1L was qrv from the JW5E (JQ78) station on
2m EME - LATEST NEWS from JW5E, dated 2008-06-09 08:45 UT:
Definitive EME-Result: 149 inits (a few dubes not counted) 35 DXCC
11 Firsts! Taking antennas now down, 73's René and Bouke JW5E
Nice view youll find at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1330
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx René and Bouke JW5E

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Rob, PE1ITR is planning to be qrv in the ARI 70mhz x-band contest
from Luxembourg on 4m. Maybe this little expedition will be changed
to sunday 2008-06-29. Equipment: IC-706 + OZ2M Transverter + 5 el
dk7zb yagi. I will also have an antenna for 6m. 73 Rob PE1ITR
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Rob, PE1ITR

***

IK2DUW and IK2UVT will be active as IM0/homecall from Sant'Antioco
Island (EU-024, IIA CI-010) on 12-23 June. They will concentrate
on 6 metres. [TNX IK2DUW] Source: 425 DX News #892

***

Next month, 3rd to 6th july, Eduardo, CO8LY will try to activate the
grid FK19 and FL10! First I will activate the grid FK19 and if my
economic situation allows it I will be in the grid FL10. I use for
6 meters an Alinco DX70th with 100 watt in 6 mtrs and the antenna it
will be of wire but not yet I have any diagram to build it. I at home
have an antenna of 5 elem yagi for 6 mtrs but I am not able to to take
it to the DXpeditions because I go to places where there is a lot of
mountain and the yagi weighs a lot. My QSL manager is EA7ADH and confirm
QSL only direct. I need you to ask to the friends of VHFnet if somebody
has a diagram of a filter ITV to avoid the ITV of the 6 mtrs in the
Channel 2 of the TV. I need filter diagram for the equipament of 6 mtrs
or for the TV, any information it is I very useful. Eduardo. CO8LY
co8ly"at"frcscu.ciges.inf.cu
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Ed, CO8LY

***

K2TER/R will be qrv for the ARRL June VHF Contest. We will be active on
all the bands from 6 meters up to and including 10G. Lots of power on all
bands. Modes include CW, SSB, and FM (we will have fm rigs on 900 MHz and
1.2 GHz). Let us know if you want a sked. We will be monitoring 144.260
SSB You can also call us on CW if you want. Our route will be:
Saturday EDT: FN23NC Skeds after 4PM. We leave around 7:30PM FN22DW Around
9 PM until ?? Sunday EDT: FN12AU Around 8 AM until 10 AM FN02VU Around
11 AM until 3 PM FN03AA Around 4 PM until 5 PM FN13GB Around 8 PM until
end (Woodcliff) We will be pointing NORTH!
Source: K2TER & KV2X via WSVHF-Reflector

***

Hi Gang,
If all works out, Pack Rats, W3CCX will try some EME on 432 at our moon
rise and set during the contest June 14 and 15. We will call CQ on 432.060
JT65b. If you want to do CW, call us on CW on the same frequency. There will
be newcomers to EME operating the station so please be patient and keep
trying.? Skeds are welcome. We will be running 4 x 21? 1 kw. no elevation.
Source: Wayde, K3MF via Moon-Net

***

Jan, PA4JJ, will be active as 9A/PA4JJ between June 22nd and July 12 on
50 MHz from JN65SG. He will be the camping at Ulika in Porec on the MAINLAND,
so no IOTA. He will try to use the JT6M mode on 6 meters, but he has no beam
with him only the G5RV (which tunes ok on 6) and his FT897. Grid is JN65sg.
Also, there will be activity on other bands, of course.
[TNX Jan, PA4JJ] Source: OPDX Bulletin #861

***

IK2DUW and IK2UVT will be active as IM0/homecall from Sant'Antioco Island
(EU-024, JN41, IIA CI-010) on 12-23 June. They will concentrate on 6 metres.
[TNX IK2DUW] Source: 425 DX News #892

***

Michael, F1IQH will be active once again as XT2WC from Bobodioulasso,
Burkina Faso starting on 9 June for two or three weeks. He will
operate mainly on 20 metres with 100 watts and a G5RV.
Hopefully he will operate also on 6 metres, if he can get an
authorization. [TNX Maurice, F5NQL] Source: 425 DX News #892

***

W4NH (Fourlanders VHF/UHF/Microwave Contest Team) will be operating
in the June contest from Soco Bald, NC (EM85jm) again. We will be
doing limited-multi (50 through 432 MHz) this time with 1 KW plus
and stacked beams on all 4 bands. Sorry, no microwave bands. We
couldn't pull it all together this time. Our latitude, longitude
and elevation data is as follows: W4NH Location - N 35 30.9168 -
W 83 10.950 -N 35.51528 - W 83.1825 - 5520´. If you have any questions
feel free to drop me an email. 73, Jim, W4KXY, W4NH 6 Meter Band Captain
Source: Jim, W4KXY via WSVHF-Reflector

***

W6JKV in Alaska (BP65) This is a reminder that I will be operating
from Alaska (BP65) from June 19 to June 30. Will have several yagi
including a 6m7JHV, will be running around 700 watts, and will be
on a mountain top. See www.mt-aurora.com and for the pictures of
location(link). I hope to have digital working for eme but will let
people know within next week. QSL via w6jkv in Austin, Texas. Jimmy
[TNX UKSMG] Source: Neon, N8OFS

************************************************** *******************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & internal Info ...
************************************************** *******************

Thank you for all info and news. Our Newsletter is compliled from the
input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF, a lot of well selected
and free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and info we did find at ON4KST-,
N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...
Sources wherever we did find the Info are marked and named. If you see,
or hear, or work yourself an expedition, which is NOT (or parts are
WRONG) at our VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF, PLEASE be so kind and drop us an

info at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or via: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as up
to date and reliable as possible and as long the info are not violate
with our MMMonVHF-Policy. Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)

br