Old August 15th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-08-15

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-08-15

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

We hope you have had a great time during the past 2-3 weeks with
several SPORADIC E openings and as well the big Meteor-Scatter
Shower Aquarids and Perseids! Because of the high activity we are
sure you was able to work a lot of new Squares and wish to ask
you to update our both lists to be up to date:
MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
If you need any help please do refer to the FORUM and the how to:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....rum=5&topic=27

***

The maximum of the "best" Meteor Scatter Shower of the year
"The Perseids" will be past! As you interesting in a real data
source of these shower please do have a look at the Visual Data
Quick Look of IMO (Int. Meteor Organisation). You will be able to
see that the peak did not occure (as calculated by IMO) in the
morning of the 12nd! http://www.imo.net/live/perseids2008/
IMO did mark now the highest rate of Meteors around 00UT on 13rd
aug. with an ZHR of max. 83 meteors/hour! Even if the shower itself
lasts until the 24th august the best part is over...
The peaks of the following MS-showers will be updated soon at our
MS-Propagation-page: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
As usual in past years we did spread there an OVERVIEW about active
METEOR SCATTER Stations during the MMMonVHF / DUBUS MS-SPRINT-Contest
and the PERSEIDS as a small Table and as Overview-MAP. We did count
around 280 active Squares at Region 1 - Have a look at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/upload-news/D...RSEIDS2008.pdf

***

Lunar DX on 144 Mc.! [1953]
W4AO and W3GKP Bounce 2-Meter Signals Off the Moon
Listening to the wire recording from which the above graph was made,
it doesn’t sound like much; a one-second beep, an interval of
receiver noise, then a wavering trailing bee-e-e-e-p barely
discernible in the midst of the slightly musical rushing sound that
is characteristic of high-selectivity reception. You wouldn’t be
impressed if you happened to hear it casually, but to Ross Bateman,
W4AO, and Bill Smith, W3GKP, it was music of the sweetest sort;
evidence that more years of thinking, figuring, building, re
building and testing were not in vain. An amateur signal had been
sent to the moon and back, at last!
Read the complete QST March/April 1953 article:
http://www.ok2kkw.com/next/eme1953.htm
SOURCE: permission to MMMonVHF, rewrited and edited Matej, OK1TEH

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Gabi, HA1YA, will active as J48YA again from Thassos island (KN20)
and in the second week from Limnos (KM29) with good take off to NW
Eu. MS-QRG on 2m will be 144.363 MHz. I planing my activity on:
HF( IC746+ SQ vertical) - 6m IC746 simple wire delta loop - 2m
IC746 +ME1500-V + DL6WU portable ant. I will active on evening and
morning time only... Internet activity is not sure. 73, Gabi
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Gabi, HA1YA

***

Tor, DJ8MS, will be still on business trip up to Kiruna, SM2, until
14th August. LATEST NEWS from Tor, DJ8MS, dated 2008-08-13:
350 QSOs yet in log this tour! I will take down ANT in KP07 in the
evening of 14th, thus propably last chance this evening for KP07.
Quite likely I'll be qrv on the way back to south from 15th to 17th
from somewhere in SM. So keep an eye on his trip back home:
News if available: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1704
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Tor, SM/DJ8MS

***

The Middlesex DX Group have booked a trip to "Isle of Arran" (IO75)
4th of October to the 10th of October. We will be using MS0MDG/P and
GB2MDG.... We will be using MS0MDG/P and GB2MDG.... For LATEST NEWS
watch out at our Webpage (under construction) and MMMonVHF...
LATEST NEWS de Kevin, G1KAW, dated 2008-04-19:
After back from JO00, Kevin, G1KAW, did send a short info to MMM that
he is joining the team to IO75 and think ms and tropo will be the best
option from there. RIG on 144 shall be 2x 17el not sure about 70cm and
23cm. More later on: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1166
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Kevin, G1KAW

***

Dima, RX3AGD and Igor, RA3AH was active from rare russian Square
KO52TO during PERSEIDS 2008. Thanks very much to Dima, RX3AGD, and Igor,
RA3AH, for their ufb work from KO52 and the LOG to MMMonVHF.
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/upload-news/D...AGD3KO52to.LOG
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/upload-news/D...3AH_RX3AGD.jpg
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Dima, RX3AGD and Igor, RA3AH

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Isao, JM1WBB, is currently QRV EME from my DX site at QM05dx. His
next EME activity will be from August 28th to 30th on 144MHz with
4 x 2M32XP, 2 x GU74B. CW request is OK at N0UK chat or by email.
I look forward to meet old/new friends via the moon.
73 Isao / JM1WBB
SOURCE: to MoonNet and direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Isao, JM1WBB

***

HELLO DEAR RADIO FRIENDS, DX-PEDITION: FROM 17/08/08 UP TO 25/08/2008
UNDER THE CALLSIGN F/ON7VA/P IN LA-VERIE (NORMANDY) WITH THE LOCATOR
IN98QL. FREQUENCY 80/40/20/17/2/70Cm BANDS. EACH QSO GET A SPECIAL
QSL-CARD DIRECTLY BY MEANS OR BURO. I DO SPEAK MY BEST IN ENGLISH,
GERMAN AND FRENCH CUAGN GOOD DX ES Vy's 88/73 EDDY ON7VA
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

JA1YUC/1 plan to be active from Uki Island (AS-117) JA1 Chiba Pref
from Aug 17. They will be on 6M and HF, SSB, CW. QSL via their home
call. You can go direct or via the bureau
SOURCE: Japanese IOTA Islands News, via SRT-DX Bulletin

***

The Old Barney ARC will operate special event station W2T from
the Tucker's Island Lighthouse (USA-911) located in the Tuckerton
Seaport (http://www.tuckertonseaport.org) on August 16th from
1300-2030z. Operation will be primarily on 40 and 20 meters SSB and
local 2 meter FM. QSL via N2OO.
SOURCE: tnx, Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 870

***

Look for Mike/N8MR, Lynette/KC8NAH and Vincent/KA8FFM to activate
Eagle Harbor Lighthouse (US0017) during the ILLW (August 16-17th),
using the callsign K8E. Modes of operation include HF/VHF, CW/SSB,
FM Satellite and possible HF digital. Collectors of ARLHS numbers
can get credit for three upon request: Eagle Harbor Lighthouse
USA-253, Front Range Light USA-254 and Rear Range Light USA-255.
QSL via N8MR direct with #10 SASE or via the bureau. They will also
be activating other lighthouses around Michigan's Keweenaw peninsula
from August 18-23rd. Main times of operation during the week will
be from approximately 2100-0000z. Visit their Web page at:
http://www.kc8nah.com/Interests/EagleHarbor/illw08.htm
SOURCE: tnx, Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 870

***

Andy, N8OFS, be Cabbosse Portable from the AC&J Railroad for
the PAQSO Contest on 2008 oct 11st and 12nd. Actual location will be
Carson Yard OH, SE of Ashtabula OH (really close to the I-90 / ST
RT 11 cloverleaf)... I will be 6 Meters ONLY... 50.125, 50.130, 50.135 ,
USB... 50.300 FM Horiz by request... 52.525 FM Vert by sched only...
NO CW or DIGI... Equipment List: Kenwood TS-60S, 90W - Horiz M2 HO
Loop - Vert Comet CHL-350 (modified) around 20ft off the ground...
SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

GB2PF will be on the air on 16 and 17 August to commemorate the
birthday Peter Fidler who was born in Bolsover and mapped large
areas of Canada in the 18th Century. The station will be active from
the newly refurbished radio shack in the grounds of the Bolsover
Coalite Sports and Social Club, off Moor Lane, Bolsover, S44 6EB.
Activity will take place on HF, VHF and UHF and possibly using
amateur television on 23cm. QSL via operator's instructions.
SOURCE: [GB2RS] via Dave, VA3RJ, via his ICPO-Bulletin

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)