Old July 1st 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-07-01

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-07-01.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Due to some request for a traffic optimized list of the daily
ES spots, we established a small page which show only the daily
list of ES spots found by the DXrobot of Allard, PE1NWL.
It's purpose is to get a quick view on the spots and saving the
traffic/cost for loading always the whole list by using mobile
devices. The list is updated every 10min and can be found he
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es/estoday4web.htm Any other ideas are
of course welcome!

***

144MHz eMOST-WANTED-SQUARES and DXCCs Data...
DUBUS / FT and MMMonVHF have decided a time ago to start with this
page and have online updating services - PLEASE remember time to
time to UPDATE: Most Wanted Squares: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
and your Most Wanted DXCCs: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
YOU will show the Expeditions the way where to go ;-)

***

Since 2003 DF2ZC publishes the 144 MHz EME NewsLetter. This is a
free service for the EME community. Bernd, DF2ZC, informed us,
that the feb-edition of the EME-Newsletter is now available at:
http://www.df2zc.de/newsletter/ - ***The next (July) issue will be
uploaded on 21st July 2008.*** 73 de Bernd DF2ZC

***

Dear friends, the Romanian Amateur Radio Federation invites you to
take part in the „International VHF/UHF/SHF Championship of
Romania”, next weekend (on July 5-6) starting at 14.00 UTC on
Saturday, ending at 14.00 UTC on Sunday. You can see the rules at
http://www.radioamator.ro/contest/uus/yodx_uus_en.pdf
Good luck and enjoy the contest! 73's Ady YO2NAA

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

VHF/6M Expedition to Kairo by SU1KM, EA7KW and DL8YHR. Last hours
from Locator KL59MX... LATEST NEWS from 1st july, 10UT:
Mohamed, SU1KM, will be qrv until moonset today. Frank and Jose will
leave QTH later today and go home! PSE dont spot it in DXC anymore
to take problems as much down as possibile. QSLs please send all to
Frank, DL8YHR (see QRZ.com). He will organize it later on...
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Frank, DL8YHR

***

UU1DX qrv in IARU Contest from rare Square KN65OR next weekend!
LATEST NEWS from Oleg, UU1DX, dated 2008-06-28: Next wednesday or
thursday will go that place to put up our contest setup. 220 v
available so we do not need generator! Have a look on the fb area
at his FOTO-Page: http://crimea-board.info/~misterdx/kosa/
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Oleg, UU1DX

***

Gio IK1UWL (marchi.g"at"libero.it) sent following message to the
MMM Webside: Hi all, unfortunately ARM (Association Radioamateur
Monaco) has not been able to obtain in time, from the government,
the use of a suitable building, so the activation of 3A, by the
Italian team, is temporarily cancelled. We are very downhearted,
all equipment was ready, and we were already in the right frame
of mind, sorry for the illusions we created. We will meet with
ARM soon to examine future possibilities.
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Gio, IK1UWL

***

The GIRA, are proud to announce the organization of a DXpedition
to CT3/Selvagens Islands IOTA ref. AF-047. We plan to be QRV as CQ9U
from 24th to 27th of July, during this period we'll also participate
on the IOTA 2008 Contest, activity will be on 80m to 6m, mainly in
SSB mode. We try also 144Mhz. Selvagens are a remote and Natural
Protected area. For further information about this Project, please
visit the official Web Site: http://www.cq9u.com
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Gio, IK1UWL

***

Recent EME Acitivy for Saturday June 28 at CY0X in FN93
CY0X in FN93xv (*). They do not have JT65A and cannot run their
amplifier while aiming to the west, so they are not at all
functional on EME during their moonset. If somebody has a huge
array they might be able to work them on CW during their
moonrise if the sked time did not coincide with an Es opening,
which is their highest priority. Since arriving there, they have
been very busy on 6m Es. They are reporting having difficulty
operating 2m EME due to high local noise level and RFI, but
will continue to accept skeds (CW only) during moonrise.
http://cy0x.com/cy0x/ Source: Lance, W7GJ [Magic Band EME]

***

Recent EME Acitivy for Saturday June 28 at ZF2ZD in EK99
ZF2ZD in EK99gi (*). I completed with Mario on JT65A mode today
during his moonset. He was -26 dB with ZB2BI's 6M5X yagi. He
hopes to have his 6M7JHV up as soon as the local guys bring the
tower over (was supposed to be today)...hopefully he will be
QRV soon with the larger antenna. Mario is very anxious for
EME skeds on both moonrise and moonset.
Source: Lance, W7GJ [Magic Band EME]

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Reinhard, DH6DAO, will be back at holiday in EA7 for a VHF activity
these time from IM86AR in holiday style! He will be signing
EA7/DH6DAO between 30th june and 15th july and planning to be qrv
day by day in the morning and mid of day specially for 6m and 2m
openings from IM86AR in SSB and CW.
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Reinhard, DH6DAO

***

Hello, after some month of awaiting equipment and a real busy time
in qrl I did make the first tests on EME at the weekend as
UK/DL9LBH from MN41OG. You will find the first results in the LOG:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1687
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Hans-Walter, UK/DL9LBH

***

Recent EME Acitivy for Saturday June 28 at TO5E in FK87
TO5E in FK87ov (*) - W7XU, N0JQM and W0SD are QRV in FJ, and I
ran with them on their moonset today. They put out a great signal
(-21 dB on JT65A) but have local noise to the west on their
moonset. They may have better success on moonrise, but have not
tried that with anyone yet. Their terrestrial shot to NA and EU
is over water. http://www.w0sd.com/stbart/bart.htm
Source: Lance, W7GJ [Magic Band EME]

***

Walt, G3NYY will be active as GB50OT (GB-Fifty-OT) on 6 and 13 July
to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of RAOTA, the Radio Amateur Old
Timers'Association. Activity will be on 80-6 metres CW, SSB and digital
modes. QSL via bureau, or direct to G3VBE.
[TNX G3NYY] Source: 425 DX News #895

***

The Wakefield & District Radio Society will be active as either
GB1HI and GB5HI from Holy (Lindisfarne) Island (EU-120) on 18-20
July. It is their intention to operate SSB, CW and PSK31 on most
of the HF bands, and CW, SSB, PSK31 and FM on VHF/UHF on 2m and
possibly 6m and 70cm. QSL via M3ZYZ.
[TNX www.rsgbiota.org] Source: 425 DX News #895

***

Once again GB2VET will be operational from East Park Holderness
Road Hull on the 2nd/3rd August with vintage RAF radio equipment
in use on VHF and HF modes. A special QSL Card will be available.
Those wishing to attend, please contact Bernard G0SWO soonest who
I am sure needs all the help he can get from the East Yorkshire
Area Members.
Source: [GOLIST] Special Event Callsigns

***

Guido, DL8EBW, will be qrv from holiday QTH in EA5 (JM08BR)
LATEST NEWS de Guy, EA5/DL8EBW, 2008-07-01: Reached QTH of JM08BR
in gd condition. Excellent take off over the sea (30° to 100°) other
directions closed by mountain. Will be ready time to time on 144MHz
for TROPO and ES! MS I will try calling CQ on friday 4th 3 UT...
EME next week! If any need JM08, pse short info via CONTACT page
of MMM! 73s from Benitachell... Source: direct to MMMonVHF, Guy

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)