Old October 4th 08, 10:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-04

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-04
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

NEW VHF-DATABASE for USER and DX-Cluster - Issue 2.50 10/2008
A year is over again and we will be able to spread around a new
issue of the VHF-DATABASE (2.50 - 10/2008) to private USER as well
to all interested DX-Cluster Sysops (CLX, SPIDER, AK1A and/or DXNet).
The source of the VHF-DATABASE will be at our VHF Portal MMMonVHF
Meantime there are lot of sort functions and several visualisation
tools. After LOGIN at MMMonVHF you are able to use all these functions
and as well the download of the free of charge MS-DATABASES (Call3.txt
for WSJT!). If that is still not enough and you want to have your own
USER VHF-DATABASE-File or a DX-Cluster-Version we are able to provide you
with a D-base, WIN-Zipped file... If you interested in more details
please do visit our MMMonVHF-FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....vtopic&forum=3
and you be able to find more details (VHF250e.pdf), the history
(history.pdf) and more... Direct link to obtain the new VHF-DATBASE:
DX-Cluster Issue 2.50: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbaseexport.php?dxcdb
USER-Version 2.50: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbaseexport.php?usrdb

***

Meteor Scatter: HIGH Orionids shower activity expected !
After 2006 and 2007 outbursts, predictions say that Orionids activity
will be much higher than normal also in 2008. While the “traditional”
peak is expected on october 21, another maximum, related to the encounter
with an ancient dust trail, ejected in year -1265 and rich in bright
meteors, is expected to occur on October 19, between 02.13 and 08.08 UT.
Read more at our MS-Propagationpage ( http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php )
where you can find data concerning upcoming meteor showers in October.

***

ConDX/SolarActivity. Astronomers who count sunspots have announced
that 2008 has become the "blankest year" of the Space Age. Sunspot
counts are at a 50-year low, signifying a deep minimum in the 11-year
cycle of solar activity. Full story at
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...tm?list1073151
SOURCE: (NASA Science News) 1 Oct. 2008 via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

A Team of AD6E Al, G3KHZ Derek, CT1AGF Luis, K6MYC Mike and W5GAI
Skip will activate the very rare DXCC P2, Papua New Guinea. P29VLR
qrv QI45UM Oct. 21-26 and P29NI qrv QI28MM Oct. 29 until Nov 3rd.
It will be a joined expedition with HF and EME on 50 and 144 MHz.
Mike K6MYC will be activating 50Mhz EME and 144MHz EME. More details
soon at MMMonVHF at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1986
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF tnx Mike, K6MYC, and the P29-Webpage

***

Angelo, DM1AC, will be for a short time at JN66 end of october.
He will be able to spread these rare Square on 144 MHz in SSB, MS
(FSK441) and EME (JT65B) if some real interest. Angelo is able to
carry a TS2000, Beko HLV-750, SP2000 and a 9ele M2 Antenna. If its
only 2-3 skeds he will not carry the RIG with him - so PLEASE send
your sked request to him via: dm1ac [at] cargnel [dot] de
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Angelo, DM1AC

***

EI9E/P QRV in this weekends UHF contest
Wx permitting we will be QRV from IO62 on the summit of Mount
Leinster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Leinster) for the UHF
contest this weekend on 70cms and 23cms. That's 1000ft higher than
our VHF NFD QTH! So please give your sharp UHF yagi's a tweak away
from those EU pile-ups and towards the west occasionally and break
the monotony of our 24 hour CQ'ing marathon ;-)
SOURCE: Pete, G4CLA, via UK-Contest Reflector

***

David, VK2CZ, will be staying with Mark, VK8MS, in Darwin from
10 - 15 Dec. Yes Lance, his station easily meets your EME DX spec.
I will make sure one of my laptops is up to the digital task and
see what happens. The grid there is PH57kp. As VK8AA, I will only
be on 10m SSB for the ARRL 10m event... but I promise to press that
'50M' button on my pro3 one day, 73 Best regards, VK2CZ / VK8AA
SOURCE: David, VK2CZ, via W7GJ Magic Band EME

***

The Special call ON1708M is still on the air untill next december
31st. This is in commemoration of the Battle held in the region of
Oudenaarde, on july 11, 1708; This conflict is known as the War of
the Spanish Succession, which lasted from 1701 till 1714. The duke
of Marlborough led about 80,000 Englishmen with their allies to
confront approximately 95,000 Frenchmen under command of the Duke
of Burgundy. About 6,000 were killed and 7,000 were wounded.
English info version at: http://www.ode.uba.be/en/index_2.html
Note : This callsign is very active on 2m SSB , from JO10tu, daily
on 144.300 MHz then QSY 144.290 or 144.315 MHz
SOURCE: Tks Pierre, F5JFU, via F5NQL DX News

***

DX Operation to Senegal on HF and maybe 6 Meter 18th to 28th October.
Operation is planed for all HF-Bands in CW, SSB and RTTY, maybe also
on 6m depends on condx. Hope to catch as many callers as possible
on low bands. We will be active with 2 stations, monoband beams for
20/15/10, dipols, Vertikal for 160/80 and K9AY. QSL route: DH7WW
CALL: 6W/DL4JS - Operators: DL4JS, DK8YY, DL8ALU, DL8AKI, DL1WA
SOURCE: tnx Bill, NG3K, DX News

***

GB70RAF RAFARS 70th Anniversary will be operational from 14 Nov
to 11 Dec 2008 on 2m FM and 80m down to 10m SSB and some CW on RAFARS
Frequencies. QTH will be from Shaftesbury Dorset, WAB ST82. QSL via
RSGB or Services. SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)