Old November 4th 08, 08:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-11-04

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-11-04
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

VERY GOOD VHF TROPO CONDX PAST NIGHT BETWEEN SCA AND RUSSIA/UKRAINE
A very good tropo did occure past night between scandinavia and
russia/ukraine. Longest dx was done over distances around 2100km:
SM7GVF 144294.0 RA6DA JO77GATRKN96SA yes!! 2104 km 1649 03 Nov
SM7GVF 144265.0 RK6CG JO77GATRLN05AU ODX 2145 km 2049 03 Nov
We kindly ask to have a look at our tropo page and pass us some
details and logs - PLEASE do use: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/tr.php

***

Since 2003 DF2ZC publishes the 144 MHz EME NewsLetter. This is
a free service for the EME community. Bernd, DF2ZC, informed us,
that the latest edition of the EME-Newsletter is now available
at: http://www.df2zc.de/newsletter/ - The November issue will be
uploaded on 24 November 2008... 73 de Bernd DF2ZC

***

My information was inaccurate, I'm sorry. EA stations can use ONLY
70.150 AND 70.200 MHz (with a bandwith of 12 KHz), but NO other
frequencies between 70.150 AND 70.200. The official text is at:
http://www.ure.es/legislacion/4-regl...de-160-m-.html
It says that we are granted the frequencies 70.150 MHz AND 70.200 MHz
with an apparent radiated power of 10w and a max.bandwitdh of 12 kHz.
73. Gabriel - EA6VQ - SOURCE: Gabriel, EA6VQ direct to MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Frank, DL8YHR, will be the operator of the EME project at Oman
(Loc.: LL93) with the Team of A43DLH during November - LATEST NEWS
from Frank, DL8YHR, dated 2008-11-03: Today evening I will start to
travel to A4. All is packed accept the 70cm PA (still trouble and
maybe only QRP (120W) at A4 on 70cm!). Starting 5.11. moonrise with
EME. Got a mail today to try to get the Call A43EME for the EME work.
If I have NO internet Access, MMMonVHF will use the DXBlog as
EME-LOGBOOK - use: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=A43DLH
As soon there are News we will spread here...
SOURCE: Frank, DL8YHR direct to MMMonVHF

***

On November 9th 2008, 20 navigators will set sails aboard their
monohulls, heading towards the three great capes, marking the
southern tips of the African continent, Australia and America.
Callsign TM6VG will be active from November 1st to 15th. They will
be qrv both in HF (160 to 10m, included WARC bands) and VHF in CW,
SSB, and various digital modes. LATEST NEWS de Maurice, F5NQL,
dated 2008-10-30: Hi friends, Patrice, F8BON has informed that it
will be 6m activity as well - 73 Maurice, F5NQL
SOURCE: Tks Patrice, F8BON via F5NQL DX News

***

SAARS will be activating Little Talbot Island (IOTA NA-138) from
noon Saturday Nov 15 noon Sunday Nov 16th. All hams are invited
to join us and participate in the fun. LATEST NEWS from Andy, N8OFS,
dated 2008-10-31: Our current plans are to transmit part of the time
on 6 meters. The island is a state park and due to some restrictions
we can only put up one antenna so we will only have one operation radio.
We have decided that whoever is operating the radio will have the
choice of band and mode so I don't have a set schedule. If you want
we can try to work out some skeds with you. If I get more details then
I'll forward them to you. Marshall Harrison - W4MKH
SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

JA1CJA (XU7CJA), JA3ARJ (XU7ARJ), JA3AVO (XU7AVO), JA3UJR (XU7UJR) and
JH3PBL (XU7PBL) will be active from Cambodia on 6-10 November. They plan
to operate CW, SSB and digital modes on 160-6 metres; XU7CJA has special
permission to operate on Satellite for the first time in Cambodia. QSL
via home calls. [TNX The Daily DX]
SOURCE: [425ENG] 425 DX News #913

***

Special Event station GB617SQN will be on the air from 31st October
until the 27th November 2008 to commemorate the 64th Anniversary of
the sinking of the battleship Tirpitz on 12 November 1944. The raid
that sunk the Tirpiz was conducted by planes from 617 SQN. The station
will be operating on ALL bands and various modes. Look out for
GB617SQN on the DX Cluster. SOURCE: UBA Traffic News

***

St. Lucia, J6. W5JON (V47JA), John, just received his operating permit
from St. Lucia, where he will be operating from Marigot Bay (FK93) from
March 3-11, 2009. This will include the ARRL SSB DX Contest. He'll be
QRV as J6/W5JON on 160-6m using an ICOM IC-7000 and RM Italy KL-400
400 watt amp. For antennas he'll have Alpha Delta dipoles, DXLB
160 / 80 / 40 Meters, and DXEE 10-20 Meters. He'll also have a 3 element
yagi on 6m. QSL via W5JON. SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 212)
31 Oct. 2008 - 11 Mar. 2009 via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

Operators George/AA7JV, Tomi/HA7RY, Pedro/HK3JJH and Fero/ HA8MT will
be active as 5K0T (not 5J0T as first announced earlier in the week
this is to avoid possible conflict with a previous operation.) from
Bajo Nuevo (IOTA NA-132) and Roncador Bank (IOTA NA-133) between
November 19th and December 2nd. This four person DXpedition will
focus their operation on the low band, especially 160 meters. AA7JV
and HA7RY were behind last year's VK9WWI Willis Islets operation.
The group will operate two stations on 160-6 meters. Look for 5K0T
to also participate in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 29-30th)
from Zone 8. There will also be an operation with the callsign
HK0/HK3JJH. Both islands were once listed on the DXCC list, but
were deleted. Plans are to operate from Roncador Bank between
November 18-21st, and Bajo Nuevo between November 23rd and December
2nd. Both reefs are part of San Andres region (HK0). QSL 5K0T via
HA7RY. For HK0/HK3JJH QSOs, QSL via HK3JJH. For more information,
visit their Web page at: http: /www.5K0T.com
SOURCE: [GOLIST] Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #882]

***

Fagnes ARC, North of FRANCE. To commemorate the end of the WWI, the
F5KDB ARC will aired the special callsign TM9OAA , between Nov 8 th to
21 st , 2008. Beginning in VHF on Nov 8th then HF phone and CW, by
F0FWC, F4CGQ, F4FIU, F5SPW and F5UGX. Main activity on week ends from
the Leveau Fortress, in the city of Feignies
http://fortdeleveau.site.voila.fr/ QSL as operator’s instructions
Tks J-François F8BMN. SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)