Old November 14th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-11-14

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-11-14
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

ARRL EME Contest 2008 2nd part: 50 MHz - 1296 MHz JT/CW/SSB
will be held at the weekend: 15-16th November 2008. The Contest
rules you can find at: www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2008/eme.html
Please do spot your Activity at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or/and use the Contest page of Matej; http://www.darkside.cz/eme.php
SOURCE: tnx to Matej, OK1TEH, direct to MMMonVHF

***

GB3VHF closedown new moves by the RSGB
Chris, G0FDZ, did receive a letter from the GM at RSGB HQ stating
that the Board has asked him to enter into discussions with the site
owner, with regard to seeking the possibility of a more realistic
site rental for GB3VHF. This is good news indeed and I have been
asked that until discussions are completed that I keep GB3VHF on
the air. This I am happy to do and I am grateful that the Board has
intervened on this matter. Have a look at MMMonVHF FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....page=0#m sg95
SOURCE: tnx for input to MMMonVHF from Ian, G0AFH and David, G4DHF

***

Hello! Mike has put together some thoughts about his recent EME
DXpedition to P29, and I have put them up on my website so you can
read about his adventu www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/P29NOTES.doc
Mike did a great job under very adverse circumstances. He was
stronger here on 6m EME than he was on 2m, but I was very pleased
to contact him on both bands. I can't imagine how he had the energy
to single handedly undertake EME on 2 bands at once! I think Mike
needs a vacation now! Thanks for sharing the notes about the trip
with us, Mike! VY 73, Lance
SOURCE: tnx to Lance, W7GJ via his 6m News Bulletin

***

SPORADIC E in the southern hemisphere
As you might have been seen in past weeks we did build up a new
SPORADIC E Service page as well for the southern hemisphere where
the summer (and so sporadic e) will occure hopefully soon. PLEASE
have a look at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es_s.php and use the input
at these page for an opening in the SOUTH. The switch between the
both areas are made in the drop down menue at PROPAGATION...
MMMonVHF is trying to give an overview of Sporadic E on other
continents than Europe and is asking to send reports of Sporadic E
openings that occured on 144 MHz worldwide!
SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Operation information on 8J1AXA from JAXA Katsuura Space
Communication Center, QM05df - 8J1AXA will take part in the ARRL EME
Competition on 144MHz 15 Nov. only. Both CW/SSB and JT65 with 500
watts/max. at TX, 18m dish, V-pol. 28dBi gain. Wiill try CW/SSB on
usual JA freq. every 30 minutes for any possible contact. Now discussing
NO INTERNET CONNECTION during the contest, but not for sure now.
Small stn will be welcome. PSE call. TNX for your kind attention.
SOURCE: Mike JH1KRC/8J1AXA Op. via MoonNet

***

During the upcoming ARRL event PI9CAM will be active again! 25 m
Dwingeloo dish JO32ET See www.camras.nl 23 cm: 65 W @ feed
70 cm: 300 W @ feed QRV on SSB, CW and JT. There is a small chance
we will be on 2 m on saturday night... The 2 m antennas have to be
mounted during daytime on saturday. So we need good weather. On friday
evening we will start testing. Then we will use the HB9Q EME logger
to try with small stations. During the contest no logger activity.
We are unassisted. We hope to be on all three moon passes. Hope to
work you all! 73 from the PI9CAM team Jan PA3FXB
SOURCE: Jan, PA3FXB via MoonNet

***

Hello all. Look for AD4TJ on 2 meters this 2nd leg of the ARRL EME
contest, again on 144.113 ± QRM, JT65 2nd; during JA window will
listen on .113 and .073. Will also do S+P on CW and JT. 73,
David AD4TJ Virginia FM08le 4x15/700 JT -- KW plus on CW
SOURCE: David AD4TJ via MoonNet

***

Chris, SP7DCS, plan to be qrv during the contest on 2m, 70cm and
23cm CW random unassisted. Last weeks I was working to get 70cm system
running. My 4 yagi array is up again with repaired preamp and TX line.
Old 250W PA has been retired and I want to try new 400W SSPA for the
first time. I do hope it will work as I had no opportunity to test
everything together before. I will change bands depending on activity
level and conditions, but as I have TVI problems on 70cm I will on
this band mostly during the night. SOURCE: Chris SP7DCS via MoonNet

***

Serge, VE1KG, will be qrv during the 2008 ARRL EME Competition.
I will be QRV this weekend on & off for the contest WSJT & CW.My
experience with WSJT is somewhat suspect but i will try by best.
running 4X17M2 400w WSJT & 750 CW . On CW i will only respond to
cq calls. see you soon. Serge VE1KG FN84 Nova scotia
SOURCE: Serge VE1KG via MoonNet

***

Hallo dear EME friends, will try to be on again for several hours
on 1 4 4 , 1 4 6 MHz, JT65B, calling CQ (tx 1st periode in US-
Window) with my small rig of 2x 12el M2 horz. and around 700 Watts
at antennas. Hope to see you during these weekend in gd condx...
SOURCE: Guy DL8EBW Team of MMMonVHF

***

VHF/UHF Field Day - VK4OE/4
Just a short note to describe my proposed operations for this
weekend. Weather permitting, it's the same sequence of places and
times that I have often used in the past. On Saturday evening I'll
be operating from Howell's Knob near Maleny (QG63JE) and my second
location on Sunday morning will be Mt Gravatt in Brisbane (QG62MK).
I will have equipment operational for 50, 144, 432, 1296, 2301,
2403, 10368 and 47088 MHz, as well as the usual FM simplex
frequencies. SOURCE: Doug, VK4OE, via VK-VHF Reflector

***

HONEYMOON OPERATION BY NOBBY G0VJG FROM KUREDU ISLAND
MY CALL WILL BE 8Q7CQ - MAINLY HF SSB BUT WILL TRY SOME 6M QSL VIA
OWEN G4DFI. THANKS TO WIFE FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME AND QRM
Begin date: 20090601 - End date: 20090615 - Callsign(s): 8Q7CQ
DXCC entity: MALDIVES and QSL route: G4DFI - Operators: G0VJG
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

Operators Roger/W7VV, Ralph/VE7XF and Brian/N9ADG will be active
from the VP5JM Hamlet, located on Providenciales (NA-002) from
November 19th to December 3rd. Activity including a Multi-Single
entry in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 29-30th) as VP5W.
Outside the contest they will be QRV 160-6m using VP5/homecall.
QSL via home calls. QSL VP5W via W7TSQ.
SOURCE: Tnx Dave, VA3RJ, via his ICPO Bulletin (November 13 - 21)

***

Terry/W6WTG (V31UR) and Sharon/N2OWL (V31WL) will be active from
Caye Caulker (NA-073), Belize, from July 22-29th. Terry plans to
operate 6 meters (Grid EK57) and also 20 and 40 meters, including
an entry in the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 25-26th). They will be
staying in a cottage about 30 feet from the Carribean, using a
Icom 7000. Further information and updates, along with QSL info
can be found at: www.w6wtg.com/ [NG3K]
SOURCE: Tnx Dave, VA3RJ, via his ICPO Bulletin (November 13 - 21)

***

HA0HW, Laci, updates us on the Hungarian duo heading to the
Republic of Palau later this month. HA7TM, Tibi, and HA5AO,
Pista, will operate from Koror Island and will be QRV for 12
days as T88CJ and T88CI respectively. They will be operating
mostly on CW with a focus on Europe on 1.8 through 50 MHz from
November 21st. through December 3rd. They both have Web pages
www.ha7tm.hu/t88/ and http://ha5ao.novolab.hu/dxpeds.html.
QSL via their home calls either direct or via the HA QSL bureau.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 220) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)