Old August 8th 08, 09:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-08-07

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-08-07.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF in cooperation with the magazines
DUBUS invite you to take part in our new 144 MHz Meteorscatter
Sprint Contest,which will take place for the first time in the
2008 Perseid shower. The 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest
will take place each year on the day of the from IMO (International
Meteor Organization) announced maximum of the Perseid shower.
Participants may submit all their QSOs done between
0000 UT to 2359 UT. This will be a world wide contest and all HAM's
world wide invited to take part and send in their logs.
Contestdetails at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php
73's de Erwin/DK5EW
MMMonVHF: Beacon Project Manager + MS SPRINT Contest Manager

***

Read more about METEOR SCATTER ??? have a look to the new article
at our FORUM - if any to add, we wait on your discussions....
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index.php - click: MS (All around...)

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Just a reminder... Przemek "Mek" SP7VC will be active from
Lofoten Islands (EU-076, grid JP67) on August 8 - 15.
He is going to be active on HF (80, 40 and 20 meters with dipole
antennas and PA=700W) as well as on VHF 144355.0 (FSK441 Random on
MS using 9el Yagi and PA=1kW). QSL via his home call.
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Mek, SP7VC

***

Tor, DJ8MS, will be again on business trip up to Kiruna, SM2,
until 14th August. Stay tuned and watch his infos about activities.
Maybe at the weekend he will show up from SM, LA or OH again!
As soon he is on, we can spread these info and as well he will
use one of MMMonVHF-DXBlogs...
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Tor, DJ8MS

***

Just a reminder that KS7MS will be active this weekend from
Cave Mountain, NV (10,700 feet) in DM29qd. The station will be
running 400 watts with 5 elements on 6 meters and 170 watts with
16 elements on 2 meters. Jim W6OUU will be active mobile tomorrow
morning in DN21 and DN20 while enroute and both Barry VE3CDX and Jim
KS7S will be active mobile as well in DM27 and DM28. The mobiles will
be mainly on 50.125 while all MS activity will be on 50.260 and
144.140 and using 1st sequence. We will also be available on SSB/CW
once MS slows down. Watch for us on the PJ and KST chat pages as we
should have internet connectivity via cell phone. 73, Barry
SOURCE: Super 7 Meteor Scatter Group KS7MS via WSJT Reflector

***

Clay, W7CE, will be on Grid Tour in CN70-area again. He wrote: My
final trip schedule is not complete, but here's what I know so far...
CN81: Arrive Thurs PM 8/7, QRV Friday morning (pos. Thurs PM also).
CN70: Arrive Sun PM 8/10, QRV Monday morning (possibly Sun PM also).
CN71: Arrive Mon PM 8/11, QRV Tuesday & Wednesday morning
(possibly Mon PM also)
CN72: Arrive Wed PM 8/13 - location and schedule unknown
Depending on how things are going, I may also operate from CN73-75.
More in detail: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1833
SOURCE: tnx Bill, W5WVO, via VHF-Reflector

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Pedro, CT1EKD (IM59ib) will be QRV on 12 August all day in 144MHz
and 432MHz. He is specially looking for 432 MHz Skeds during the
peak. SOURCE: Tnx Pedro, CT1EKD, via VHF-Reflector

***

Andy, LZ2HM will be active as 5B/LZ2HM from the island of Cyprus
(AS-004, MIA MCI-002, WLOTA LH-0051) from August 7-14th. QRV HF +
6m and up. He also plans to participate in the WAE DX Contest
(August 9-10th) using the call sign C4I. QSL via home call
(see QRZ.com). SOURCE: [NG3K] via ICPO Bulletin (August 07-15, 2008)

***

Hi Dear Friends, Sunday Aug. 10th we will meet in CARI' (Ticino)
HB9 for an Ham Radio Day. You are welcome to visit us there, or to
QSO with us; see _http://www.procari.ch/_ (http://www.procari.ch/)
HB9TZA , Luciano HB9FBI, and a group of other OM, will operate in
different locations there and on different bands with their own
callsign or with the Club one. Gery HB9TQF will trek to a mountain
lake over there and operate his K2 from that location at 2800m asl
giving WASL reference. The next day Monday 11th, HB9TZA and HB9FBI
will QSY over the Alp to Canton. GL, where some new Castle
References will be activated for the DCS-SSD Award; Read mo
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1835
SOURCE: Tks Augusto, I2JJR, via F5NQL DX News

***

Several members of Radio Club F5KGR (F4EQZ, F1CMA, F4ECU and F4FLC)
will be active August 9th as F5KGR/p from the Castle of Villequier
[old Castle of Genlis] (JO10, DFCF 02-031), located in the canton
[county] of Chauny (DDCF 02-09), on the commune of Villequier Aumont
(CP 02300), Department Aisne/02, province Picardy (DPF 18). QRV on
all HF bands and also on VHF, propagation permitting. QSL via home
call, direct or bureau.
SOURCE: [Radioamateur.org] via ICPO Bulletin (August 07-15, 2008)

***

Members of the "RADIO CLUB URUGUAYO" will be active as CV1AA from
"Faro Puerto del Buceo West Breakwater" lighthouse (ARLHS URU-014,
ILLW UY0003) during the 2008 International Lighthouse and Lightship
Weekend (ILLW), from 2000z Friday, August 15th, until 2359z Sunday,
August 17th. Activity will be on 160-15 meters using CW and SSB
with at least two stations on the air and VHF/UHF with one station.
QSL for this activity go only DIRECT to Radio Club Uruguayo,
P.O.Box 37, 11000, Montevideo, URUGUAY, SOUTH AMERICA, with SAE and
IRC or 2 green stamps.
SOURCE: [OPDX Bulletin] via ICPO Bulletin (August 07-15, 2008)

***

Members of the Turkish group called TCSWAT will activate the special
station TC1YLH from Yesilkoy Lighthouse (WLOL TUR-055) during the
International Lighthouse/Lightship Weekend (August 16-17th). Operators
will be TA1HZ and TA2RX. QRV mainly on 15/20/40 meters and 2 meters.
QSL via TA1HZ, direct or bureau. Further info at: tcswat.tripod.com/
SOURCE: [F5NQL DX News] via ICPO Bulletin (August 07-15, 2008)

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)