Old January 1st 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-01-01

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-01-01
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

" H A P P Y N E W Y E A R 2 0 0 9 "

to all our friends of the VHF-DX-Portal, Make More Miles on VHF!

We do hope to receive a lot of DX News, activity reports, comments
and all VHF related info as well in 2009 from you again. Our info
and activities will be spread out by personal chats, Mail and these
weekly distributed Newsletter, only. So if you have anybody who wants
to participate, please invite him to find the way to the Newsletter
or the other VHF Tools of MMMonVHF! Have a good and peaceful start
into the new Year and lets get your personal wishes come true...
All the Best for 2009 - the Team of MMMonVHF

***

DXpedition voting - TROPHY 2008
The MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal is happy to invite all VHF enthusiasts
and VHF-DX'ers to join the new survey to find the "Best VHF DX
Expedition of the Year". The aim of the survey is to thank the very
hard effort of those, who organized and carried out so many nice
expeditions and trips all around the world on the VHF bands in the
past year. Read all about it at our FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....rum=2&topic=60
Participation Period: 01.Jan. last year to 31. Dec. last year
Voting Period: 01.Jan. current year to 20. Jan. current year
Pse LOGIN at MMMonVHF an go to: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/trophy.php
Than select up to 3 DXpeditions and click on the 'Vote' Button.
Results will be spread out soon - SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

***

Since 2003 DF2ZC publishes the 144 MHz EME NewsLetter. This is
a free service for the EME community. Bernd, DF2ZC, informed us,
that the latest edition of the EME-Newsletter is now available
at: http://www.df2zc.de/newsletter/ - The January issue will be
uploaded on 19 January 2009. 73 de Bernd DF2ZC
SOURCE: tnx to Bernd, DF2ZC

***

Congratulations to PC7M - winner of the 2008 6M JT6M Geminids
Challenge with 74 grids worked - well done Arie ! Full results can
be found he
http://www.jt6m.org/challenge_archiv...ge-results.php.
I am pleased to anounce the 2009 6M JT6M Challenge - full details
here - http://www.jt6m.org/jt6m-challenge.php Good luck and Happy
New Year to all. Kev G0CHE
SOURCE: Kev, G0CHE via UKSMG Announce

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

I would like to spread informations of our Japy DX Group operation
in Bahia/Brazil devoted to Transatlantic Tropo Ducting events
between Africa and America, following the main expedition V5/KT6Q.
Period: January 12th to January, 17th, 2009. Locator: HH18fd.
Call: PY6/PY2ENO (special call under analysis).
Bands: 50 - 144 - 432 MHz. Modes: SSB/CW/Digital (included WSJT).
Transceivers: Yaesu FT-897D and Icom IC-706MKIIG.
Amplifiers: Homebrew by PY3FF - 500W 144 MHz; Mirage B1010 100W 432.
Our special thanks for Namib Expedition Team that are improving our
DX interess on this circuit as well another DXers that are also
helping us on this efford. Flavio PY2ZX Read all in detail at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2182
SOURCE: tnx to Flavio, PY2ZX direct to MMMonVHF

***

Bob, ZL1RS (ET3AA...) in january as A35RS from AG28HV
Barring some sort of disaster, A35RS should be QRV on 2M from AG28hv
in the Kingdom of Tonga (south Pacific islands) from 06-15 Jan. 2009.
However ... the antenna setup will be small, the power low, no skeds,
no Internet, and I will be "on holiday" ... so don't expect too much!
Read more in detail: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2190
Seasons greetings to all! 73, Bob ZL1RS/A35RS
SOURCE: tnx to Bob, ZL1RS/A35RS direct to MMMonVHF

P.S. I promise you bigger, brighter and better things on 2M from the
Cook Islands as E51EME from BG08dr in late March / early April when
Lance W7GJ and I team up there for a real "6n2 EME dxpedition"
effort ;-) see: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2183 and
the next info from Lance, W7GJ:

***

EME DXpedition to South Cook Islands E51SIX in BG08dr
Happy Holidays Everyone! I wanted to announce this DXpedition as far
in advance as possible, in order to provide adequate time for people
to gear up for it in the event they are interested in working E51
(previously ZK1) on 6m. Please mark your calendars for March 26 to
April 4! More information is he www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/E51SIX.htm
GL and we hope to complete with many of you! More details (as well
placed for 2m) later at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2183
SOURCE: Lance, W7GJ via his Magic Band EME Reflector

***

Starting January 1st through 15th special event station Z309KNV will
be QRV in celebration of the Carnival of Vevcani. Z32ZM, Mome, will
be QRV on 6 meters incase there are any openings on this band. QSL
via Z35W.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 248) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

Gigi, IV3GTH, back as E77GS from JN84OT
Gigi will stay until 6 Jan. Main activity during Quadrantids peak.
Condition as usual 150W and 9 el DK7ZB
SOURCE: Gigi, IV3GTH (E77GS) at KST-Chat

***

VK1DA/p plans to operate in the Summer Field day event from Mt Ginini
on at least the 5 bands from 50 to 2.4 GHz, with a possibility of
10 GHz. I will mostly be operating on the SSB/CW modes but will try
to listen out for locals on 2m FM. On my website http://vk1da.info
I have provided two spreadsheets which may be useful to others.
One is a plain one page log sheet suitable for field day use...
SOURCE: Andrew, VK1DA via VK-VHF Reflector

***

The IQ3AZ JN66 STORY Uploaded from Massimo, IV3NDC, dated 2008-12-28
at MMMonVHF Review: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/review.php click IQ3AZ
The idea of activating JN66 via MS has stuck in our minds for lot of
time. Lack of serious MS activity since the early 90’s and a complex
orography made JN66 square become “blue” in MWS map... After having
“tested” some candidate DXP sites by means of RadioMobile software,
we found (and even visited) a UFB location in Slovenija, inside JN66
and with excellent takeoff to North. Read more at the REVIEW!
SOURCE: tnx to Massimo, IV3NDC Team of MMMonVHF

***

CV5, URUGUAY (Update/IOTA Op). Operators Lupo/CX2ABC, Julian/CX5BE,
Pedro/CX5BW, Nelson/CX6ACY, Jorge/CX6DAP, Gustavo/CX7AT and Daniel
CX9AU will be active as CV5A from Isla de Flores (SA-030),
January 22-26th. Activity will be on 160-2 meters using CW, SSB,
RTTY and PSK31. They will also be in the CQ 160-Meter CW Contest
(January 24-25th) as a Multi-Op entry. QSL via CX2ABC.
SOURCE: Tnx Tedd, KB8NW via Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #890

***

A35, TONGA (6m History). Paul, A35RK, has been active on 6 meters
this past week and has made some 6 meter history. He made a PSK31
QSO (at 0127z) and RTTY QSO (at 0129z) on 6 meters with Colin, VK4CC,
on December 26th. This is the first time it has ever been done between
VK and A3! SOURCE: Tnx Tedd, KB8NW via Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #890

***

Jan, PA4JJ, will be active as PJ2/PA4JJ from Curacao (SA-006,
WLOTA LH-0942) between April 1-11th. This will be a holiday style
operation. Jan informs OPDX that he will try to be active on as many
bands as he can, except 160m. He will be on all modes but mostly
digital. His equipment is a FT-897 and a a ZS6BKW antenna (which he
states can be tuned on 6m, and he will be using WSJT (JT6M) on 6m).
QSL direct to his home callsign.
SOURCE: Tnx Tedd, KB8NW via Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #890

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)