Old September 5th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-09-05

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-09-05

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS:

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

MMMonVHF and DUBUS 144 MHz Meteorscatter-Sprint Contest 2008
PLEASE do remember to sent your LOG until September, 30th 2008 to:
mssprint [at] mmmonvhf [dot] de - more than 20 Logs are here now!
Kind regards, Erwin, DK5EW (MS-Sprint Contest Manager)

***

TROPO on the VHF-bands
The time for autumn tropo is coming soon. As well as 144 MHz
Sporadic E, MMMonVHF will be able to provide you with LOGs and
overviews about big TROPO openings: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/tr.php
PLEASE report your QSO's - LOGIN and pass your info at the BUTTON:
Send your report - the rest is done by Frank, PA4EME for MMMonVHF
To detect VHF-Tropo-openings its also possible to watch out in
advance on the 3 m band - Have a look at the FMLIST (by G. Lorenz)
FMLIST is a radio station database initiated by the UKW/TV-
Arbeitskreis of the AGDX. It contains technical data of FM radio
stations around the globe, in the frequency range 65 to 108 MHz, as
far as information is available. http://www.myradiobase.de/fmlist/

***

PLANED EXPEDITION HELP PLEASE!
Frank, DL8YHR, is planing his trip to far east these days and is
in need of help if someone is able to loan him a rotor for azimuth
and elevation (maybe somethink like KR5400, KR5600...). Please do
contact Frank direct in any kind of possibilities by mail:
dl8yhrfrank"at"aol"dot"com Details about the expedition itself:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1361
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Frank, DL8YHR

***

"Young DXpeditioners on Willis Island"
The crew of VK9DWX wants to invite two young hams who have a passion
for Ham Radio, DXing and contesting to take part in the DXpedition
to Willis Island in October this year. One young ham from 6th October
till 19th October and the other one from 15th October till 28th Oct.
You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur
radio license in your country, you have some experience in working
pile-ups and you are between 18 and 29. For qualification you have to
send an email to contact"at"vk9dwx.de which must include an essay of
500 words minimum (in English) describing how you got started in ham
radio, who your Elmer was and why you should be selected for this
DXpedition opportunity. Please include also you full name, callsign
and home address. The VK9DWX crew will pay for all expenses except
your flight from your home to Cairns, Queensland, Australia. Send us
your application now to contact"at"vk9dwx.de. We will recieve
applications until September 15th and will make a fast decision.
(The following was edited for clarity) We would be delighted if DXers
would bring it to the attention of their clubs and fellow DXers."
73, Carl, N4AA - SOURCE: Magic mailing list, tnx Lance, W7GJ,

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

THESE WEEKEND THE I A R U Region I CONTEST take part!
IARU Region I - VHF Contest 2008 (6/7th September 14 UTC 14 UTC)
Matej, OK1TEH, did setup a new list of stations qrv in the european
September VHF Region 1 Contest 2008 You be able to find Matejs
CONTEST Page at: http://www.darkside.cz/qrv.php
Meantime stations from following DXCC are on:
9A, DL, E7, F, G, HA, I, LZ, OE, OK, OM, RA2, SM, SP, UA, YO, YU
and Z3. If you have an interest to place your announce at Matejs
page, related to your participation in the next large VHF Contest,
join this QRV list please and / or send info in case of rare Square
to MMMonVHF use: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php

***

Next weekend AO2V will be in THE IARU VHF contest. The locator IN93IA .
Ortzanzurieta mountain. RIG 2x5wl 0,5 NF Kw and 2x3WL 0,5 NF Kw. I
hope i will be in EME at saturday morning, but we dont have ELEV. I
hope put QRG in cluster or in N0UK chat. For more info QRZ.COM and
http://www.dxfun.com/modules.php?nam...ticle&sid=2299.
If anyone will make QSO, the QSL card is via EB2FJN
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Pedro, EB2FJN

***

OM3VSZ will be qrv in the IARU Reg. 1 VHF contest from KN08LS
I. IARU VHF contest, multiop, QRO, 1246m ASL, 2x vertical 4-stack
of 7el DK7ZB yagis, 12el DK7ZB
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx to the OM3VSZ-Team

***

06/09/2008: Christophe, F4AQG will be active as homecall/p for
the IARU Region 1 VHF Contest (September 6-7th) from the Tour
des Opies (DFCF 13-039, WW Loc. JN23LR, SOTA CR-242), commune of
Eguieres (CP 13430), canton of Eyguieres (DDCF 13-09), Department
Bouches-du-Rhone/13 and Provence-Cote-d'Azur (DPF 20).
QSL via home call, direct or bureau.
SOURCE: [F4AQG] via ICPO Bulletin (Sepember 04-12, 2008)

***

Members of A.R.I. Torino and Wave Master Team will be active
September 24-28th from Giglio Is. as IA5IG
LATEST NEWS from the IA5AG Team, dated 2008-09-02:
We w'll be on air with a 16 Elements long-Yagi and a linear
amplifier 400 W. Rig IC-7400. Our location is 400 m on sea level,
open 360 deg. We hope to have luck with Sextantids for meteor scatter
operations (144.205 ssb /144.100 cw); we w'll call every day 6 to
8 UTC and 16 to 19 UTC at 144.310 ssb 144.080 cw for ES and Tropo.
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx to the IA5AG-Team

***

From the 25th of september 2008 until 04th of Oktober 2008 a team

of 6 ham's Joerg DL3NER, Walter DG5NGJ, Thomas DG5NGI, Ivo DL9MB,
Heiko DG8NGI and me Hubert DK9NCX, will be active from Montenegro
as 4O/homecall. LATEST NEWS from Hubert, DG9NCX, dated 2008-09-02:
Station on 2m shall be 100W and 9 Element Yagi and on 6m a 5El and
100W. News at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1881
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Hubert, DG9NCX

***

On the occasion of the Charles de Gaulle memorial opening festivities,
in Colombey les Deux Eglises (WW Loc. JN28KC), the Haute-Marne area
hams (Department 52) will be active as TM0CDG, between September
28th to October 12th. Operators include Alain/F0DHH, Dominique/F0EGY,
Alex/F1PZY, Gerard/F4EEH, Julien/F4EEI, Jean-Marie/F6CHU and
Pierre/F6IRM. Activities are scheduled on all HF bands, and
maybe 6m, 2m and up, all modes, including SSTV. QSL via bureau to F6KTR
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

Operators Ian/G1JCC, Dick/G4LBH, Don/G4LOO, David/G4MVU, Terry/G4UEM,
Andy/G8ATD and Bryan/M0BIK will be active from Caldey Island (EU-124,
also count for WLOTA LH-4056, WAB SS19, WW Loc.IO71PP) using the
call sign GB2CI. They did show up yesterday on the ON4KST-Chat and
spread activities on 2m (using 144.3 and 144.310 MHz)
SOURCE: ICPO Bulletin (August 28-Sepember 04) 2008 and KST-Chat

***

Sorry MMMonVHF spread past NL a wrong date: K9NS (EN52SC) will return
for the September contest which will be at SEP13 1800 Z - SEP15 0300Z
We are interested in M/S skeds on 6/2/222 AND JT65 TERRESTRIAL SKEDS
Drop me a private message if interested and I'll suggest some times.
Jay W9RM (w9rm"at"yahoo.com) K9NS skedmeister - SOURCE: Jay W9RM via
VHF-Reflector and Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

W2SZ is looking for 2 meter WSJT skeds in the upcoming September VHF
contest. Located in fn32jp mountain top with a kw and 4 bay array.
hour slots Saturday night/Sunday morning from 0300z to 0930 z
Will run fsk441 on 144.170. Thanks art w1rzf sked maker
SOURCE: Art, W1RZF for W2SZ via VHF-Reflector

***

The SV-DX-Group activates Limnos Island (EU-049, GIOTA NAS-026,
MIA MG-065, WLOTA LH-1740) in Northern Aaegaeis, September 5-15th
as SY8L. QRV 160-6m, all modes. QSL via SV2DGH, direct or bureau.
SOURCE: [DX Newsletter] via ICPO Bulletin (Sepember 04-12, 2008)

***

Tom, DL4VM will be active as OZ/DL4VM from Rømø Island (EU-125,
NS-001, JO45)for the Danish Islands Award) between September 6th
and 20th. He will work only QRP 5 watts and only CW on 40m, 20m
and 15m and perhaps 10m and 6m depending on conditions.
QSL via home call, direct or by the bureau.
SOURCE: [rsgbiota.org] via ICPO Bulletin (Sepember 04-12, 2008)

***

Yuri, VE3DZ will be active November 25th to December 1st as PZ5TT
from the QTH of Ramon, PZ5RA located in Paramaribo, Suriname.
QRV all bands CW, SSB, RTTY, including a Single-Op/All-Band
(probablyHigh-Power) entry in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November
29-30th). Six meters is a possibility, using high power and a
big 6 element homebrew yagi (Grid GJ25KU). QSL PZ5TT via VE3DZ,
direct or bureau.
SOURCE: [NG3K] via ICPO Bulletin (Sepember 04-12, 2008)

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)