Old January 2nd 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-01-02 (QUA-Special)

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our special NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-01-02
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

QUADRANTIDS MS-SHOWER SPECIAL

Meteor Scatter: Quadrantids Sower occurs january, 3rd. 2009

Another meteor shower is now approaching: Quadrantids meteor shower
will reach its maximum on January 3, 2009, at 12.50 UT according to
IMO, with ZHR around 120 hr-1. Remember the QUAs are only a shower
which took place for around 6 to 8 hours in the peak! So if the peak
really occurs around 12 UT, the shower is usable 8 to 16 UT, which
will be very nice, bcse the Radiant is in optimum over the horizont
for mid europe! Have a look about the Geminids 08 report and to
the predictions for the upcoming meteor showers in January 09, on
our MMMonVHF MS-Propagationpage: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php

Until now we did get the following activity infos:
JM48 - IS0/IT9VDQ - http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2177
JN84 - E77GS - http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2187
JO00 - G1KAW/p - http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2175
JO45 - OZ/DK2ZF - http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2173
JO70 - OK1TEH 70cm - http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2109

Because the peak is at a weekend the activity will be very high again
and we do recommened to use the letter system (like in BCC MS Contest)
to call CQ on 144,370 MHz and qsy lower and higher that calling QRG!
SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

70cm Antenna for H40 Expedition needed...
as you might have seen, Hermann, DL2NUD, will be on a trip to
Salomon Island (H4) together with Bernhard, DL2GAC/H40MS, again
in march 2009 and will try to be qrv on EME from there,,,
( http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2145 )
He just asked to spread around that he might be qrv as well on
432 MHz EME as well if someone can loan him a 70 cm 38el M2 ant.
In that case, please be so kind and pass us an info
(use: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php) and we will transfer
to Hermann, DL2NUD. SOURCE: Joachim, DL9MS, direct to MMMonVHF

***

DXpedition voting - TROPHY 2008
The MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal is happy to invite all VHF enthusiasts
and VHF-DX'ers to join the new survey to find the "Best VHF DX
Expedition of the Year". The aim of the survey is to thank the very
hard effort of those, who organized and carried out so many nice
expeditions and trips all around the world on the VHF bands in the
past year. Read all about it at our FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....rum=2&topic=60
Participation Period: 01.Jan. last year to 31. Dec. last year
Voting Period: 01.Jan. current year to 20. Jan. current year
Pse LOGIN at MMMonVHF an go to: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/trophy.php
Than select up to 3 DXpeditions and click on the 'Vote' Button.
Results will be spread out soon - SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)