Old February 27th 09, 10:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-02-27

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-02-27
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Registered User No. 2000 at the VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF
We are happy to welcome Heiner, DC2XK/OZ6DL, as registered User
"number 2000" of our VHF-DX-Portal! A good sign that still day by
day new people find the way to MMMonVHF and use our sources and
tools and so will help to keep up the acticities on the VHF bands...
Please do yourself and all of us the favour and check and update
periodical the following links and tools:
eMWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
and if you hear or plan yourself a trip and/or any activity use:
INPUT of VHF-ACTIVITIES http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
Thanks in the name of all USER of MMMonVHF and the team which is
always trying to pass you as soon as possible the latest News...
SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

***

2009 Leonids may be extra good ???
"On November 17, 2009, we expect the Leonids to produce upwards of
500 meteors per hour", according to Bill Cooke of the NASA Marshall
Space Flight Center. On 2008 Nov 17 the earth passed thru a dust
stream from Comet 55P/Tempel-Tuttle. Jeremie Vaubaillon of Caltech
had predicted this crossing with one-hour precision. While almost
no one expected the old stream to produce a strong shower, observers
in Asia and Europe counted as many as 100 meteors per hour. This
outburst proved that the 1466-passage stream is rich in meteor-
producing debris. On 2009 November 17, the earth will pass through
the 1466 stream again, but closer to the center of the stream.
Both Cooke and Vaubaillon expect a sub-storm outburst on November 17,
peaking between 2134 and 2144 UTC. For visual observers, this timing
favors observers in Asia. In North America, it will be late afternoon
before the radiant rises, but radio coverage of the shower may still
be possible. And the Leonids can surprise us, so mark the date on
your calendar.
SOURCE: http://www.qsl.net/w8wn/hscw/papers/hot_news.html

***

Hello! On behalf of SI9AM, i ask for Your help to spread this info
to Your clubmembers. There is moore information on:
http://www.si9am.se/ 73 and thank's in advance, Lars SM3CVM
SI9AM Welcome Guest Operators! SI9AM is a perfect site for a vacation
combined with amateur radio and tourism. A fully equipped Amateur
Radio station with a unique callsign. Here You can create and
experience a pileup from the DX-side. Try SI9AM !
SOURCE: Lars, SM3CVM via Heinz Willi, DL8EAQ direct to MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

H40HP/H44HP - LATEST NEWS from Hermann, DL2NUD, dated 2009-02-26:
Hermann, DL2NUD, will be now on the way to H40/H44 after his nice
activity from VK4 area (QG47, 49, 53, 55, 56 64 and 65 - see our
REVIEW: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/review.php ). Meantime its clear that
there will be trouble with the 70cm RIG. It looks it will not reach
him in time. So maybe first and only 70cm operation will be from H44
SOURCE: tnx Joachim, DL9MS direct to MMMonVHF

***

Kuwait Amatuer Radio Society is proud to hold a special call event
on the 25th and 27th of February 2009. The special callsign is for
celebrating the Kuwait National Independence and Liberation Days.
The Special callsign to be used will be 9K48NLD and operation will
commence from the 25th to the 27th of February 2009 from LL48CJ.
VHF EME Amateur bands 2 meters jt65A respectively will be used for
the event. EME Info: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2309
SOURCE: tnx to Yaser, 9K2YM direct to MMMonVHF

***

Jeremy, W7EME, was active from States Oregon and Washington and
Nevada. Now next State will be Wyoming (DN42) begin of march.
LATEST NEWS from Jeremy, W7EME, dated 2009-02-24: I am qrt this
lonely place DN11, in transit WY for 1st of month and a better
moon. 73 SOURCE: Jeremy, w7eme, direct to MMMonVHF

***

In Advance of the 5Z4EME Expedition, the Team (PE1L, PA3CEE and
PA3EWP) will test their Kenya-Expedition Setup, Saturday March 7th
The Callsign will be PI4EME, locator JO33ab. Station will be 2x
10 Xpol, gasfet preamp and some power. Freq will be 144.124 MHz
and PI4EME always first. For JA we will be on 144.084 MHz. PI4EME
is a new init, pse hold your QSL and send it together with 5Z4EME.
LATEST NEWS: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2305
SOURCE: tnx Rene, PE1L, direct to MMMonVHF

***

MI/DL1YMK Moonbounce DXpedition
Hi all, now the time has come to announce our 2009 EME DXpedition.
From Sunday, 24th of May to Thursday 11th of June we will be

radio-active under MI/DL1YMK from Northern Ireland. It will hopefully
be our first 4-band EME DXpedition, as we plan to activate 70, 23,
13 cm and for the first time 9 cm. The 23 cm DUBUS Contest is covered
by this period (30th/31st May). Read more abt Monika and Michaels
plans at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2304
SOURCE: Monika and Michael, DL1YMK direct to MMMonVHF

***

W5JON (V47JA), John, will be active as J6/W5JON from Marigot
Bay, St. Lucia. Activity will be from 24 March to 2 April,
CQ WPX SSB Contest included. He will operate SSB on 160-6 metres,
using 400 watts, dipoles and a 3-element yagi for 6 metres.
QSL via home call.
SOURCE: [TNX W5JON] [425ENG] 425 DX News #929

***

Look for JD1BLK (QSL via JM1LJS), JD1BMH (QSL via JG7PSJ) and
JD1BLY (QSL via JI5RPT) to be active from Chichijima (AS-031),
Ogasawara from 29 April to 12 May. They plan to operate CW, SSB
and digital modes on 160-6 metres, plus satellite. Logsearches
and further information will be available on their individual
websites: http://radio-dream.com/jd1blk/e/ (JD1BLK),
http://sapphire.ganko.tohoku.ac.jp/jd1bmh/ (JD1BMH)
and http://www.ji5rpt.com/jd1/ (JD1BLY)
SOURCE: [TNX JI5RPT] [425ENG] 425 DX News #929

***

George/SV1QN, Fotis/SV1AIN, Giannis/SV1GYG and Nikos/SW1GYN
will be active as homecall/8 from Zakynthos Island (EU-052)
on 23-29 March. They will operate on 160-6 metres all modes.
QSL via home calls. SOURCE: [TNX SV9AHZ] [425ENG] 425 DX News

***

JS3OMH, Ken will be qrv as JS3OMH/6 from several Japanese Isl.
DATE 2009/2/25 TUE 2200UTC around to 2/28 SAT 0000 around. QRV
at his off-duty time in the morning, evening to night time from
QTH IOTA AS-049 TAKARA Island(date 24-26) and KODAKARA island
(date 26-28) TOKARA Archipelago, Toshima-village, Kagoshima-gun,
Kagoshima, Japan JCG No.46004D on HF and AO-51 Sattelite.
SOURCE: tnx to Taka, JR3TVH, QSP to Frank, DL8YHR direct to MMM

***

The W9ZL Special Event station from the grounds of the EAA
AirVenture 2009 Fly-In is coming up! This year we will operate
5-days Wednesday through Sunday, during the last week of July.
We will operate 2 HF stations, one on 20m and one on 40m, plus
local communications on both VHF and UHF. The club call, W9ZL,
will be used throughout the event.
SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

I hope to be in Cornwall around 7-9th March. Would it be worth
taking my FT857 and operating /M on 6m from IO70HF and IO70IG?
I know the band is dead at present and presumably there won't
be much improvement by then but if anyone thinks it would be
worth it I'll give it a whirl. SOURCE: Bren G4DYO via UKSMG Ann.

***

Dave, W5CW will be active from the VP5JM "Hamlet" on Providen-
ciales island (NA-002, WW Loc. FL31VS) from March 25th to April
8th. He will also be active in the CQ WPX SSB Contest (March 28
-29th) as a Single-Op/All-Band entry using the special call VP59V
Outside the contest Dave will be QRV on 160-6 meter CW and SSB,
with emphasis on 160m and the WARC bands. QSL Direct Only via
W5CW or via PO Box 88, Morris, OK 74445-0088.
SOURCE: Tnx Bill, NG3K, via his DX-NEWS and the ICPO Bulletin

***

Yuri, UT1FG/MM is again back on air and /MM from southern europe
He is very interested in V-U-HF and as well SAT QSOs. Yuri was seen
in the northsea area around DL and OZ in january and now be qrv
on his trip back from SU (he was qrv there in begin of February)
in southern area between Greece, Italy, Spain on the way north...
LATEST NEWS from DXC, dated 2009-02-24: UT1FG/MM-@ 50125.0
UT1FG/MM CQ CQ FM JN92HK 1819 24 Feb
SOURCE: tnx to Andy, Neon, N8OFS and his GOT6-News and DXC

***

Scheduled for May 29th and 30th, 2010, on John F Kennedy's
birthday members of the Jupiter Tequesta Repeater Group (W4JUP)
will be activating for the first time Peanut Island (NA-141,
WW Loc. EL96XS) JFK's old Cuban missile crisis bunker, Florida.
They will use the special event callsign W4K for the full 2 days.
QRV on HF, 50MHz and 2 meters, using SSB and CW. 6m frequency
50.210 MHz SSB/CW; 2m 144.210 MHz; 20m, 40m to be determined at
start of event by the HF team CW ops on K3's. QSL via operators'
instructions. SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), direct to MMMonVHF

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activities. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: http://www.sotawatch.org/
SOURCE: tnx the Group around Summits On The Air (SOTA)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)