Old July 20th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Digital TV DX

Has anyone been able to copy any sporadic E DTV DX on any of
the 37 U.S. TV channels still operating on channels 2-6?
I've read stories that a lot of Mexican and Canadian Analog
TV stations on 2-6 are still being seen/heard this season.

Rick T.
W7RT
Old July 20th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Rick T wrote:
Has anyone been able to copy any sporadic E DTV DX on any of the 37 U.S.
TV channels still operating on channels 2-6? I've read stories that a
lot of Mexican and Canadian Analog TV stations on 2-6 are still being
seen/heard this season.

Yes.

I believe the section of the WTFDA website http://www.wtfda.info/forumdisplay.php?f=48 is open to non-members. I see at least 14 reports of DTV
sporadic-E in that forum (one of them mine) and I'm pretty sure there have been other receptions that aren't on that list.

Canadian analog goes on for another two years. Some Mexican stations could be on as long as 2020.

Low-power stations and translators are allowed to continue operating in analog in the U.S., and several of them have been reported this year as well.
(LPTV Es was VERY VERY rare in previous years; I don't think I've ever seen more than one reported in a season until this year.)

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66
Old July 20th 09, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Rick T wrote:
Has anyone been able to copy any sporadic E DTV DX on any of
the 37 U.S. TV channels still operating on channels 2-6?

I started in Digital TV DX but not in the US: I try it from the middle of the
Netherlands. So far one foreign catch: A German regional transmitter (probably
in Wesel) at 674 MHz, due to most probably tropospheric ducting.

I'm all new to this, and I am starting to like it.

Koos van den Hout

--
Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 -?)