Old February 16th 17, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] VHF/UHF DX Book available for free

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

VHF/UHF DX Book available for free

Im kind of scooping the ICQPodcast, which we just recorded, by publishing
this, but I think Martin, W9ICQ, will forgive meDan

The VHF/UHF DX Book, 2017 Replica EditionÂ*was published in the early to
mid-1990s by a team of experienced VHF/UHF DXers and equipment developers,
in an effort to pass on our knowledge and stimulate further developments.
Unfortunately, the book went out of print, and information of lasting value
became trapped on the printed pages.

In an effort to keep that information alive for future generations of
VHF/UHF DXers, Trevor Preece, proprietor of TR Publishing, the copyright
owner, has released an e-book version of the Second Printing (1995). Even
better, downloading the e-book is free!

As with all older books, the challenge for the reader is to separate the
parts that are of lasting value from other parts that have become dated.
For example, the publishers note:

Please do not try to duplicate the construction projects in this
book.Â*These designs are over 20 years old and many of the components are no
longer available.Â*More modern designs are available today, so seek them
outÂ*and use those instead.

On the other hand, theres lots of great information on VHF/UHF propagation,
station setup, operating practices and VHF/UHF antennas. Even if youre only
marginally interested in VHF and UHF DXing, you should grab a copy of this
book.

The post VHF/UHF DX Book available for free appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.