Old March 1st 17, 05:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [N6PSE] TL8TT era splendida!

n6pse

TL8TT era splendida!

https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/fun-with-tl8tt/

TL8TT was Splendid!

The Italian DXpedition Team has become one of my favorite DXpedition Teams.
They bring a unique style and energy to the bands during their operations.
This team has been extremely active from all parts of Africa. They have
activated Somalia and Niger a number of times as well as Liberia, Guinea,
Togo, Kenya, Ghana, Zambia, Sierra Leone, Democratic Republic of Congo,
Djibouti, Guinea Bissau, Chad, Ivory Coast, Benin, Burkina Faso, and most
recently the Central African Republic as TL8TT. They plan to return to
Guinea Bissau later in 2017.****

The Italian DXpedition Team really sets a great example for running a
DXpedition. They make wise choices for band selection and they adhere to
each of the bands for the duration of their day until there is just simply
no propagation left. They do not jump around from band to band trying to
keep up a high rate. Their approach of choosing a band and sticking with it
for that day is very effective.

As DXpeditioners say, there is “always propagation somewhere”. In addition
to making good use of the bands, the Italian DXpedition Team brings a
certain vitality to their operations. Perhaps “Gusto” is the right word.
They have very effective operators, very fast rates and they give their
audience confidence that they will get into the logs.

Sometimes working a DXpedition pileup is a real chore and not very fun, but
with the Italian DXpedition Teams approach, its great fun to work them and
you can tell that the operators on their end are having a good time too.

I have so much respect for Silvano-I2YSB and his entire team. I can’t wait
for their next operation.

What do you think?******