Old March 18th 17, 01:42 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default [S&DWS] SDWS FLYING HIGH IN THE CONTEST SCENE

Sheffield & District Wireless Society

SDWS FLYING HIGH IN THE CONTEST SCENE

http://sheffieldwireless.org/2017/03...contest-scene/

Another big pat on the back to our SDWS Contesters

Sheffield and District Wireless Society is making a real impact on the UK
Amateur radio Contesting scene these days and its all due to a keen and
enthusiastic band of members who are prepared to devote a large amount of
time to operating on the clubs behalf.
Not only are we top of the UKAC Local Club League and 4th in the RSGB 80m
Club Contest League but we have just finished 6th in the 2016-2017 series
of the Affiliated Societies Contest and have qualified for an honourable
mention Certificate! You can see by looking at the band headings on the
results table that the series of contests spanned 160 metres to 432MHz,
both SSB and CW.

Here is the contest adjudicators (G3SQX) report

Ed, G3SQX, visited our Arran IOTA Contest team last year and had dinner
with us on our last night on the island. a very nice bloke.

AFS Super League 2016-17
The top three slots in this composite of RSGB contests were once again
fought over by the same clubs as in previous years. However their positions
changed, with Camb-Hams moving into first place, gaining maximum points in
five of the six contributing contests, and winning theHadley Wood Contest
Group Trophy. A second place certificate goes to Bristol Contest Group who
were close behind, and the third place certificate was gained by Grimsby
ARC.,Â*Pembrokeshire Contest Group, Tall Trees Contest Group, Sheffield &
District Wireless Society and Chesham & District Amateur Radio Society were
justÂ*below in the table all receiving certificates for finishing in the
top three-quarters of scores in the six contributing contests.

SDWS MEMBERS WHO TOOK PART IN THIS CONTEST SERIES A

(numbers after the callsigns indicate the bands they operated):
2E0KSH: 6m
2E0RET/A: 2m, 70cm
M0GAV: 80m SSB, 6m, 2m
M0GDX: 80m SSB, 2m, 70cm
M0MDY: 2m, 70cm
M0YDB: 6m, 2m, 70cm
M6IEB: 2m
M6JIJ: 2m, 70cm
G0HSA: 80 m CW
G0MGX: 2m
G3PHO (aka GX5TO): 160m, 80m CW, 80m SSB, 6m, 2m, 70cm
G3YJR: 160m, 80m CW, 80m SSB, 2m, 70cm,
G4LKD: 2m, 160m
G8NSD: 70cm
G8NVX: 160m, 6m, 2m,

The Society thanks them all !

This Weekend: Croatian CW Contest, OK DX RTTY Contest and RAC Winter Contest DxCoffee Dx 0 December 16th 16 05:38 AM
Hal Turner reports on the scene in LA Madame Fu-Fu Shortwave 2 September 5th 05 08:10 PM
HOT NEW PRODUCT ON THE RADIO SCENE !!!!! mike maghakian Shortwave 14 January 9th 05 08:46 AM
ARRL and the local scene KØHB Policy 3 May 17th 04 02:30 AM
The anti-semite scene in "The Passion". Pastor Peter Shortwave 6 March 6th 04 01:05 AM