Old July 3rd 18, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Not holding my tongue

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Not holding my tongue

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

This is part of what I had in mind last week when I said I was holding my
tongue. Today, I am not. This appeared on the Facebook on the 13 Colonies
Special Event page. It's a darn shame that anything like this even need to
be posted!

From organizing and running something as simple as the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt,
I can only estimate the planning, and blood, sweat and tears that go into
running the 13 Colonies event. That it is so popular is a testament to the
work of the organizers.

In addition to the on-air activity, comes the necessary log checking, QSL
printing, QSL sending, certificate sending and everything else. But some
people seem to forget that this is NOT the livelihood of the people behind
the scenes. THEY ARE VOLUNTEERS. They are doing this because the love
Amateur Radio, they love the United States and they love the Independence
Day holiday.

Are they perfect? No. No one is perfect. I am sure they make their share
of mistakes. And I'm sure the amount of mistakes made are insignificant to
all they get correct. But in an event like this, some people need to take a
deep breath and take a step backward, instead of whining, yelling or
screaming. This is not worth sending your blood pressure into the
stratosphere, for either the organizers or the participants. In the grand
scheme of life, this is small potatoes, folks.

So just enjoy the event for what it is and let's all play nice and have a
good time. Shall we?

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

How is the Box Canyon holding up? DhiaDuit Shortwave 0 August 17th 14 12:30 AM
Chassis holding jig Ken Radio Photos 37 October 28th 11 08:43 AM
Chief Oui Weed Speaketh with Forked Tongue? Editor RadioTalkingPoints Shortwave 0 January 26th 10 10:32 AM
just for KC8TCQ, BKA "Tongue Clucking Queenie" [email protected] CB 3 December 15th 08 08:27 PM
Your Unbridled Tongue Preacher Shortwave 4 October 14th 03 03:40 PM