Old May 2nd 19, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [VA3QV] 10m to 160m #hamradio in a Condo Townhouse

Amateur Radio on the Road

10m to 160m #hamradio in a Condo Townhouse

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2019/05/...ndo-townhouse/

Yup you read it right.. Im not sure how long it will last but for now my
latest stealth antenna is up and running.

I have an approximate 45 foot long green end fed wire by my SGC 237 Auto
Tuner and the wire is running up and around the tree as if it was Christmas
Lights.Â* I am also using two brown wire radials approx 30 foot long running
along the bottom of my fence.Â* Signal reports have not been the best but.
Its loading up everywhere between 10m and 160m and as long as no one takes
a close look at the tree it should stay on the air

Now you purists will give me the usual lines about resonant antennas and
before your blood pressure rises too much Â* I agree with you and I really
wish I lived in a place that I could stretch out wire for a 80m dipole or
such like that.Â* A place that I could put up a 48 foot self supported tower
with a tri bander on it would be a dream come true but reality comes into
place and I cant and I dont so.Â* I would rather be on the air with a poor
antenna than waiting for the day (that most likely will never come) that my
tower goes up.

Its working fine so far with my FT 450 and at the end of the day thats all
that matters.

Now I can vouch that its working for me. Your mileage will most likely
differ. but its working for me end of story

More on HF operations later and the new Digital VHF/UHF gear is working
great as well

73bob

Some info from the manufacturer follows below:

Use for base, mobile, portable, marine or aviation.
The SG-237 is our most popular Smartuner. Its rugged construction and small
size allow maximum flexibility. It has a 100W power rating and additional
frequency coverage to 60MHz, matching it perfectly with the most popular HF
transceivers. It will work with any balanced or unbalanced antenna
including whips, backstays, dipoles, loops and longwires, and requires a
minimum of only 28 feet of antenna for full coverage operation.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

HF Frequency Range:

Power Input Range:

Input Impedance Range:

VSWR:

DC Input Requirement:

DC Operating Range:

Input Current:

Average:

Recurrent set time:

Memory Capacity:

Possible Tuning Combinations:

Antenna Length:

Installation:

Operating Temperatu

Size:

Weight:

Case Construction:

Control Cable:

Control Cable Length:

Accessories:

Buy it!

1.8 to 60 MHz

3 to 100W (PEP) and 40W (continuous)

45 to 55 ohms

Typical: Less than 2:1

+13.8 VDC (nominal)

+10.5 to 18 VDC

300 milli Amps

Typical: Less than 2 seconds

Typical: Less than 10 milliseconds

170 non-volatile locations

1/2 million

Minimum lengths: 7 feet (3.5 to 60 MHz) / 28 feet (1.8 to 60 MHz)

Any position, ideal at antenna feed point

-35 to +70 degrees C

9L x 7W x 1.85H inches

2 pounds

Waterproof ABS plastic cover on an anodized aluminum base

Shielded 4 conductor RG-58 coax with PL-259 connector

9 feet standard, custom to-order

Smartlock