Old June 13th 19, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Tri-Bander for Small Condo Unit

I as N3FSH am researching whether my confined condo space would permit an small (mini) tri-bander transceiver, say 10-15-20, or are conditions still too anemic in the 11-year cycle to make this practical. In the best of all worlds, a "discreet" vertical on the flat roof would facilitate a return to ham radio. But rapport with other condo mates is good, and I don't want to endanger it.

An MSJ whip on the window sill might help me get out, despite being surrounded by concrete and ribar construction, as mandated by VA condo law...or it might not. An AN-1 used a few years ago in DC gave me fantastic results, but it is today now, with today's problems. Any thoughts? 73.

PS: Living in an apartment building is far different than living in a condo, with one's own AC unit and furnace and RFI from one's cheek-to-jowl proximity.