Old August 16th 19, 06:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] Uncharted Territory

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Uncharted Territory

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=em ail

As we come closer and closer to the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt this Sunday, I'd
like to report that we are in "Uncharted Territory". And by that, I mean
that I just handed out Skeeter # 186 to WB4AEG.

186 Skeeters so far! Wow, if memory serves me correctly, the highest we
ever got was somewhere in the 170's.

For those of you who read this blog on a regular basis, you all know how
much I love Amateur Radio, particularly QRP, CW and portable ops. The
Skeeter Hunt is really nothing more than my way of saying "Thanks!" for all
of that and paying forward for all the joy this hobby has given me over
that past 40 years. It also allows me to share my passion with all of you.

The fact that this hobby (doesn't quite seem like the right word) has also
led towards making some awesome friendships is just icing on the cake.
There are a lot of you out there who I have never met face-to-face; but yet
I have great admiration and fondness for.

The weather for Sunday for Central Jersey is partly cloudy with a high of
90F (32C). I hope to get a lot of you in the log. I never go into any of
these Sprints with the intent on winning. Maybe that's the wrong attitude,
but that's just the way I am. I'm perfectly happy with getting to make
contacts with friends, even if it's just for a few seconds at a time.

So I hope to hear all of you this coming Sunday. Hopefully, propagation
will be decent for that short amount of time and we'll all get to fatten up
our logbooks - and have a blast in the process - as well as make a few more
happy memories. And speaking of memories ...... this year the Skeeter Hunt
is being dedicated to the memories of three stalwart Skeeters who are no
longer with us - Hank N8XX , Ken WA8REI, and Joe N2CX. Their keys may be
silent, but their memories live on in those of us with whom they shared the
airwaves.

BTW, Skeeter numbers are still being handed out until Sunday morning. Just
e-mail with your name, call, and state/province. Come join
us and see what the BZZZZZ is all about! If you're iffy because you feel
your CW skills are not up to snuff, we'll slow down for you! And bring
along your microphone, because SSB is also welcome in the NJQRP Skeeter
Hunt.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!