Old November 28th 19, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VA3QV] A new arrival for the mobile

My Amateur Radio Life

A new arrival for the mobile

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2019/11/...or-the-mobile/

Even though the HF bands would have to improve about 99% to be considered
badÂ* I had a chance to pick up (locally) some gear that I had been looking
at on line and at a cheaper price (as it was used) so for me it was a
win-win situation.

Here is the most important part of my new mobile antenna:

Its a Wolf River Silver Bullet Mini.Â* Its a 10-40m coil that works quite
nicely with a standard 102 inch stainless steel whip.Â* For way more info
please visit the Wolf River Website and check out all their info.

Basically you slide the collar up and down the coil for maximum noise for
the frequency you wish to operate on and (in my case) hit the auto tune
button on the FT 450 and we will be good to go.Â* If you are a purist then
slightly adjust the collar after that for the lowest SWR.Â* I have heard
lots of good things from people who have used this line of equipment and if
I get 1/2 the results of what I have heard then I will be a very happy
person.Â* The timeline is to get the 10-40m version mounted on my pickup
along with the FT450 installed and then try things out.Â* If it performs as
I have heard it should I will buy the Silver Bullet 1000 (10-80) and keep
the mini as a backup.

I really just want multi band coverage (and really dont want to be swapping
out hamsticks)Â* when travelling around the Country when Liz tells me its
time to replace the trailer we recently sold.Â* I figure on 40m and 80m will
be the two money bands but if we make the anticipated trip out to VE7Land
then suddenly 15 and 20 become a lot more important.

I got all the pieces (mount, coil, whip and coax) now all I got to do is
put them all together on the truck and then install the radio.

Im looking foreward to the challenge.

73bob

[VA3QV] A great "Stationary Use" antenna for your #hamradio mobile use VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Homebrew 0 June 14th 19 06:05 PM
CHRIST: THE ARRIVAL Woody Swap 1 December 26th 05 02:25 AM
CHRIST: THE ARRIVAL johnboy Shortwave 2 December 26th 05 12:11 AM