Old March 7th 20, 06:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Slow down in posts

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Slow down in posts

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

You may notice a slow down in new posts on "QRP - When you care to send the
very least!". There's a couple of things going on that have diverted my
attention for the time being.

I have a situation at work. I am a contract employee. In fact, I'm a
contractor to a contractor. The contracted company that contracted my
company cancelled our contract. That's so confusing! I hope it makes sense,
but that's what happened.

The good news is that the new contractor "supposedly" wants to keep us all
in place. There was no issue with the employees, but with the contracted
company itself. I have been tentatively contacted, sent a copy of my
current resume and am waiting for a firm offer of continued employment.

This is what has my attention so absorbed lately. Our contract runs our at
the end of the month - so I either get that new offer real soon or I have
to start looking for a new job, really quickly.

In addition, the person I worked with (this is a two person position - we
have to cover two buildings) took a similar position with another company
after all this hub-bub started. So in addition to all this uncertainty, I
am trying to fill two pairs of shoes - AND we're in the middle of a HUGE
project!

So all this has me running a bit ragged. Last night was the 80 Meter Fox
hunt. The Foxes were Dave N1IX in NH and Wayne N4FP in FL. Dave was loud -
I was certain (probably a bad idea) as soon as I heard him that I would
make it into his log.

I did. Yay!

Wayne N4FP was another matter. His signal was fluctuating up and down. My
guess was, that if I hung around long enough, that I would make it into his
log. I just did not have the willpower to do that. I listened for a few
minutes and then just hung it up for the night.

Normally, I wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off. Lately, it's
been waking me up. I really hope all this uncertainty and confusion works
itself out in quick order. Until then, my attention will probably be
diverted from radio for a little bit.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Where is Slow Code? brad General 1 January 11th 07 01:42 AM
slow code Slow Code Policy 2 November 23rd 06 09:57 AM
Slow Scan TV masterblaster777 CB 7 November 5th 05 01:24 AM
Not So Slow After All [email protected] Policy 1 April 17th 05 01:24 AM
slow process David Lindsay Homebrew 0 March 2nd 04 09:57 AM