Old March 30th 20, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VA3QV] Mobile Antenna work delayed

My Amateur Radio Life

Mobile Antenna work delayed

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2020/03/...-work-delayed/

The mobile work needed (or that I wanted to do) which consisted of making a
better power connection, ordering (and installing) the Wolf River 10-80m HF
coil along with taking bout 12 inches off the whip to keep me under height
has been delayed.

I have decided not to order the coil for a while as Im not sure about
international (US-Canada) postal links staying strong.

I am trying to find the time to get the power cable run properly and then
trim the whip so I can operate 10-40m mobile . but between work (I work in
a grocery store) in retail which is very hectic these days and regular
family pressures makes it hard to find any free time after I get home and
unwind.

The unwinding is usually done in the shack checking in to a few HF nets if
my stealth antenna can hear the NCS stations.Â* After that then its off to
bed and the then wake up the next morning and the routine continues again.

My family are my 1st priority and so far they are not suffering (however 4
females in the same home can get loud) and they do let me unwind in the
shack.

(Thanks to Bill VE3FI for the graphic)

Remember to keep your distance when out shopping (if you dont care about
your health think about the clerks trying to fill the shelves so you can
eat)

On the RV side of things.Â* Hearing lots of things about parks not opening.
or not committing to opening.Â* A few years ago Liz and I were thinking of
purchasing a few dozen acres of land up north and developing it while
keeping a trailer on it.Â* We both wish we had done that.Â* It would of been
a great place to isolate the family safely without going stir crazy.Â*
However hindsight is 20/20.

So.Â* Stay safe and keep your distance.. be smart and isolate..

73bob