Old April 17th 20, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VA3QV] A return to Digital HF Modes

My Amateur Radio Life

A return to Digital HF Modes

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2020/04/...ital-hf-modes/

It was about 8 months ago when I decided that when Liz and I were going to
be RVing on a full time basis it was also obivious that some gear would not
make it into the trailer for the trip.Â* My desktop computer was on its last
legs but my laptop was fine so. that fit in with reducing the clutter for
the trailer.Â* However some of the accessories would not be needed so. At
the Carp Hamfest they were sent on their way to their new owners.

Now fast forward to the present time and the COVID Crap and we are not on
the road and we are not in our new trailer and I was getting bored so..

One of the items sold has been replaced and as you can see I am back on the
digital modes using a SignaLink sound card device.

Its taking a while to get back into the modes as I have to remember how to
set things back up but so far I have gotten a few FT8 QSOs in the log and
so..Â* Its another distraction to keep me going when I am in the shack
trying to unwind after work.Â* The real reason the item was sold was I
thought I would not have the time to operate as much and so now that I have
the time.Â* why not get back to it?

This morning (Thursday morning) on our local Kingston Coffee (C4FM) Net I
was mentioning that I was thinking of getting a new SignaLink and shortly
after that one of the participants mentioned that he had a spare he was
thinking of getting rid of.Â* A couple of hours later we had met up and I
was heading home to set up the latest addition.

Its the same bunch of operators that used to meet at the local coffee shop
to compare rare DX contacts and complain about stuff but due to the COVID
restrictions we now do it on the air from our shacks.

Its still as exciting as watching paint dry but at least in these times of
unstable conditons along with my antenna restrictions it is a way to at
least make some contacts.

According to my LoTW filesÂ*I need 49 more DXCC entities for my Digital DXCC
and I need 8 more states for my Digital WAS from Kingston.Â* When I operated
from Ottawa I did complete my Triple Play WAS so now the quest starts again
from Kingston.

Im not sure how many new ones Ill get in the log during this time of self
containment when not working but I know it will be fun trying

73bob