Old October 21st 16, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default [VA3QV] Digital update

VA3QV's Weblog

Digital update

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2016/10/...ital-update-2/

Its a Happy Thursday EDST(if you like the Cleveland Indians). Ill just
swallow my pride and say congrats.

This morning I started to look through the logbook to see if I was getting
any closer to my ARRL Triple Play Award (WAS in SSB, CW and Digital) Â*

My Digital experience started in very late December 2015 when finally got
the Flex 1500 and my computer (HRD) to play nicely. In less than a year I
have managed to get 37 states confirmed in PSK31 LoTW.

Above pic- Â*screen shot from some early 2m psk 31 experimentaion with my
FT817 and a sound card interfaceÂ*

In July of 2016 I decided the next step was to try and figure out
JT65. Â*Although its not the most exciting mode to operate it does get a
signal out and to my suprise when looking at my totals I find that I have
38 states confirmed in JT65 LoTW.

Between the two modes I now have 43 States confirmed in Digital LoTW

In reality I have worked all 50 states digitally but there are a few hams
out there who are not using LoTW or seldom update their logs to LoTW. Â*

The same could be said for my EQSL Account as I upload to both LoTW and
EQSL and it seems that there are people who do not use either service

There is not too much I can do about it. Â*Options are slim. Â*I can hope
they finally join the electronic age (strange as the modes they use need a
computer) or I could re up my RAC membership and send out a bunch of cards
by the buro and hope that they respond that way. I guess I could print out
the labels from an ADIF file and just sort and send about 700 or so cards
out..

In the meantime Â*Ill keep trying. next week if the weather holds
off Â*perhaps taking the FT 817 and the NUE PSK Modem out for some fresh air
might help

Its easier to stretch out wire in the local parks now that the leaves are
starting to turn and fall off the trees

..

No bugs this time of year as well and of course no chance of heat stroke

And as you can see from this picture from Weston Park the views are great
as well

73bob