Old May 14th 20, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VA3QV] Pleased with the new purchase

My Amateur Radio Life

Pleased with the new purchase

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2020/05/...-new-purchase/

Well after the help of a few local (Kingston) hams and the computer skills
of my daughter Erika its working fine

The hotspot has found a place in VA3QV/m and I have it set up in such a way
that I do not need a computer to control it .Â* However I am also not using
it to its full potentinal.

But it is doing exactly what I wanted it to so. it works for me And heres
how I am using it so far.

I use it to connect to the Canada Wide Room which is part of the
VE3ORF/3730 linked Repeater system This lets me keep track with the home
town when I am not within VHF/UHF RF range although most nites I can
contact them on 80m SSB on the 3730 group.

Here in Kingston the local Fusion Group has just (in the process of)set up
a hotspot on the the Fusion repeater here in town.Â* This (once all is
finished) will let me call into my new home town when I am on the road.Â*
Once again YES I could do this on HF but its nice to have some
communications options.

Now if I was to add a tablet to the system I could use the hotspot to its
full potential but for now I dont want to introduce any more distactions to
VA3QV/m and the video display would be doing that.Â* All I need to do is
fill in a few gaps in communications (for now).Â* I am planning to get a 2nd
hotspot to put in the trailer and that will have more computer control but
for now its the KISS principal.

Im still a newby at this but it is a great communications tool

73bob

PS. as I write this according to the USPS tracking site my 10-80m Wolf
River Coil is somewhere between Chicago and Kingston.Â* It passed through
Chicago and so far has not be scanned anywhere since.Â* I am hoping it makes
it to Toronto where it will clear customs and then on to me in Kingston