Old November 28th 20, 12:48 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default [MKARS] Revised programme for November & December 2020

Milton Keynes ARS

Revised programme for November & December 2020

https://www.mkars.org.uk/index.php/2...december-2020/

The Committee has reviewed our meetings programme for November and December
2020.

There is now no Club event on Monday onÂ*30th November. We were going to
have an inaugural meeting of a new MKARS interest group – homebrewing and
home construction. We have decided to delay this until the new year. The
MKARS Committee will now meet on this date.

The reason for change is that, following requests, we wanted to keep the
momentum in our CW learners group and this has now been arranged for Monday
7th December. This will again be run by Will, G1YYU over Zoom, where Will
will once again run through the letter codes and then two- and three-word
abbreviations. The next step will be full slow-morse sessions in the new
year.

On MondayÂ*14th DecemberÂ*we have Richard Parker, G4AWP giving us a Zoom talk
on ‘Setting Up a Remote Club Station’. Richard has set up an HF station for
Club users in the Cambridge area. This should be a very interesting talk.

And then its festivities! On MondayÂ*21st DecemberÂ* Zoom Beer and Pizza
Night/ mince pies and mulled wine night. Further details on this will be
given during December.

The programme for January and February 2021 is beginning to take shape, and
we will kick off the new interest group in home construction. We also have
a talk arranged in that period of on an overview to batteries and battery
management suitable for /P operation from Bill Coombes G4ERV.