Old May 24th 05, 05:39 PM
KØHB

Default General Purpose Logging Software

My current general purpose logging software (HyperLog) is no longer supported,
so I am looking for a replacement.

Following are my requirements.

MUST HAVE
--Intel/MS platform (Win, DOS, whatever)
--Radio aware
--Keyboard-centric (no mouse for routine logging)
--Callbook CD aware
--Import/Export ADIF
--LoTW integration
--Award tracking (DXCC, WAZ, etc)
--Print QSL report labels
--Impecable track record of author support

Nominations please. (Price not important)

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 24th 05, 06:29 PM
R. Scott

www.kc4elo.com

Logger32 does all that an more. And no cost. Ive used it for years and
love it.
--
Scotty N7HJ
Everett, Washington
Old May 24th 05, 11:14 PM
Dee Flint

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...
My current general purpose logging software (HyperLog) is no longer
supported, so I am looking for a replacement.

Following are my requirements.

MUST HAVE
--Intel/MS platform (Win, DOS, whatever)
--Radio aware
--Keyboard-centric (no mouse for routine logging)
--Callbook CD aware
--Import/Export ADIF
--LoTW integration
--Award tracking (DXCC, WAZ, etc)
--Print QSL report labels
--Impecable track record of author support

Nominations please. (Price not important)

73, de Hans, K0HB

N3FPJ ACLOG does/has all of this. I've tested samples of others but this
one is the nicest in my opinion.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old May 25th 05, 12:06 AM
Ron

I agree I have used N3FPJ programs for years because of there ease to
use and excellent support.

Ron WA0KDS

Dee Flint wrote:

ink.net...

Old May 25th 05, 05:23 AM
Topaz305RK

My 2 cents worth is Win-EQF. Used it when it was DOS based only and it has
only gotten better over time.

Support by the author is second to none, really great.

Try the free version, if ya like, register it to get all the award modules
working.

Not associated in any with, just a very happy customer.

K7SAM

http://www.eqf-software.com/

Old May 25th 05, 05:38 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

KØHB wrote:
My current general purpose logging software (HyperLog) is no longer supported,
so I am looking for a replacement.

Following are my requirements.

MUST HAVE
--Intel/MS platform (Win, DOS, whatever)
--Radio aware
--Keyboard-centric (no mouse for routine logging)
--Callbook CD aware
--Import/Export ADIF
--LoTW integration
--Award tracking (DXCC, WAZ, etc)
--Print QSL report labels
--Impecable track record of author support

Nominations please. (Price not important)

As you've seen, people seem to be quite partisan about their favorite
loggers!

I've tried a bunch. Didn't really like *any* of them. Gave up & wrote
my own. Linux platform though all the components are also available for
Windows & the underlying Perl code should run on Windows with little or
no modification. It doesn't have rig control, CD support, or LotW
integration though they could all be added.

Neat thing is that all QSOs are logged into a standard database engine.
Any query I can think up, I can run. Got a QSL card from AP2IA?

mysql mylog -e "update log set name='Ijaz', city='Lahore', grid='MM62'
where call='AP2IA'"

and the data is updated for all QSOs. Can't do that with most other
programs.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old May 26th 05, 04:30 AM
Hank Oredson

N1MM Logger for it's radio support.

But it all depends on what you do.
DXer? Contester? County Hunter? 10-10er? Award hunter?

--

... Hank

http://home.earthlink.net/~horedson
http://home.earthlink.net/~w0rli
ink.net...

Old May 27th 05, 06:17 PM
Charlie

Same here for the N3FPJ for "general logging" and ease of use plus great rig
control interface. I personally have used it but my mainstay is DXBase 2006
which I've used for years since it has the easiest logging procedure, and is
geared to DX'ing , awards tracking and alerting one to "needed countries"

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

"Ron" wrote in message
I agree I have used N3FPJ programs for years because of there ease to
use and excellent support.

Ron WA0KDS

Dee Flint wrote:

ink.net...