RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Morse code learning software (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/79338-morse-code-learning-software.html)

Wayne P. Muckleroy November 1st 05 07:09 PM

Morse is...

Get outta here you fat *******?

"Dr.Ace" wrote in message
Absconde obesito illegitimo
Ace - WH2T

"Falky foo" wrote in message
om...
very true. the only time you would NEED code would be in EXTREMELY bad
situations -- ie, the world as we know it is gone gone gone. Otherwise
it's truly an anachronism. I suppose it's good to have folks who know it
just in case of some major MAJOR catastrophe; and there are some people
who
enjoy learning Latin too, a fairly useless language. So good-on-em if
that's their thing.

Dr.Ace November 1st 05 10:27 PM

Morse is...

Wayne,
That's a good translation.
Ace - WH2T

"Wayne P. Muckleroy" wrote in message
Get outta here you fat *******?

[email protected] November 5th 05 03:49 AM

Morse is...

I must say that after Katrina hit our area and the sun flare activity
had anialated HF completly it was fourtunate for us too have some
people who could do CW. This is the emergency situation I believe
Falky was talking of. It helped save alot of people.So did VHF/UHF
SIMPLEX and believe it or not Echolink. So there is alot too our
hobbie for everyone and lets show the intelligence we credit ourselves
with and not knock any facet of this great hobbie. Cw is gone or soon
will be from testing here in the states and this makes alot of sence.
but lets not knock CW as a usefull tool that all shoukld make a small
effort too try too learn a little of. i know I will be.

Bruce KI4KFW
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:09:45 GMT, "Wayne P. Muckleroy"
wrote:

Get outta here you fat *******?

.. .

Wayne P. Muckleroy November 5th 05 07:01 AM

Morse is...

Thank God!!!
wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:10:09 -0400, "Dee Flint"
wrote:

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
groups.com...
Falky foo wrote:
very true. the only time you would NEED code would be in EXTREMELY bad
situations -- ie, the world as we know it is gone gone gone.
Otherwise
it's truly an anachronism. I suppose it's good to have folks who know
it
just in case of some major MAJOR catastrophe; and there are some people
who
enjoy learning Latin too, a fairly useless language. So good-on-em if
that's their thing.

I have read this suggestion over the year and always aks just what good
that Morse Coded CW is going to do if things ever went that far to hell
(if morse were needed as opposed to just being useful for hobby
proposes that is)

I never get an answer to just what good Morse code would be in this
doomday world.

the best answer I have seen to that is the unlikely "Independance day"
senario

Try hurricane aftermath combined with serious solar/geomagnetic
disturbances. This scenario has actually happened this very year
according
to what I've read.

you are just plain wrong if you are refering to Katrina at no time was
Morse the only working mode

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download