Old August 3rd 03, 03:19 PM
Paddy O'See

In Washington, power speaks. But numbers are needed for that power. Take
the NRA. Membership is around 4 million, and they have the power to
represent their membership in DC. Not every gun owner is happy with all
their decisions, BUT- the NRA IS their voice in DC, and members have the
power to alter that voice, if they wish to.
The ARRL is our ONLY link to Washington. There are, what, around 500,000
licensed hams in this country? That's a small number...we need to band
together to be heard. The NRA, at 4 million, speaks for 80+ million gun
owners. The League, as mossbound as it is, speaks for us.
If you don't like what the League is doing, WORK TO CHANGE IT!!! Run for
office in your local club (you DO belong to a local club, right?). Heck,
run for a League position. MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD! DON'T SIT THERE AND
WHINE ABOUT IT!!!!
Keep in mind what Benjamin Franklin said as they were signing the
Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia in 1776: "We must hang
together, or surely we will all hang separately." We hams had blessed
well better hang together, or we're toast.

"Stupidity is always more interesting than dullness."
R.E.T.

Old August 23rd 03, 01:58 AM
AK

Will common sense or big money win??

AK

Recent ARRL release:

The ARRL says Broadband over Power Line (BPL) proponents failed in their
comments to the FCC to substantiate their claims that the technology will
not cause widespread interference. In reply comments filed August 20--the
FCC's deadline to receive comments in the Notice of Inquiry, ET Docket
03-104--the League said that if the FCC is going to rely on industry
statements in making decisions on BPL deployment, the industry should back
up its assertions with technical studies and hard data and make these
public.

"Unfounded assurances that BPL will not cause interference are no
substitute for real-world measurements," the League declared, "and the FCC
should rely on documented test results and an impact of interference
potential based on scientific, not marketing, criteria."

.. . . .

Fight the BPL Doug Smith W9WI Dx 0 July 9th 03 03:51 PM
Fight the BPL Doug Smith W9WI Dx 0 July 9th 03 03:51 PM