RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   what is a relay in a pileup? (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/8818-what-relay-pileup.html)

Keyboard In The Wilderness August 15th 03 10:52 PM

This is a good place -- as many DXers work a variety of things, counties,
10-10, IOTA, WAS, lighthouses, etc.

I'm working on my WAS -- not states but Worked all Streets.

BTW, after posting the question, I realized Seattle to Minnesota is a
long way but not officially DX. What would be the right group to ask
this question?

Someone mentioned being "soiled" by working nets or a list.
Hey work what you want how you want. just mums the word at the DX club --
some get livid.

unkadean August 16th 03 02:18 AM

On 15 Aug 2003 06:37:55 -0700, Harry George
wrote:

Newbie question: This morning on 20m I was listening to a pileup for a
mobile in Minnesota who was 33 from my G5RV near Seattle. I could
hear some of the callers but not many. Suddenly a very strong signal
came on offering to relay for the mobile (I think). It was very rapid
fire for quite a while, and then the strong signal bowed out and
someone thanked him for the help.

It was all happening to fast for me to follow. What was I hearing?

KD7VEY

I would guess you were listening on 14,336. The County Hunters net.

unk