Old August 17th 03, 04:08 AM
Harry George

Default NAQP etiquette?

More newbie questions. Of course the answers will probably come after
the contest is over, but it would be information for next time.

I stumbled onto the North American QSO party and responded to 3 CQ's
before I realized what was happening. Then I found and read the rules
on the web. What I can't figure out is:

a) I have no intention of competing. Should I just stay out of this,
and go find other places in the spectrum? Or should I dive in, and
respond to any stations I can reach?

b) Do I need to turn in a log for those 3 contacts (and any more if
"a" is "go for it"), so that the other guys' logs can be confirmed?

c) I heard some people asking for QSLs. I've just been reading about
WAS and see that NAQP could be a great way to get some states. But I
also realize that a contest is a hectic time for anything as civilized
as QSL cards. What's considered proper form here?

KD7VEY
Harry