Old September 13th 03, 08:18 PM
Caveat Lector

Test failed sorry

Hows this one Ø
?

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All
"Dick, AA5VU" wrote in message
This is a test of the slashed zero for KL0S

aa5vu

In article reF8b.127850$kP.76322@fed1read03,
"Caveat Lector" wrote:

Someone asked how to type a slashed zero -- try

In several fonts from WA6AXE
http://www.qsl.net/wa6axe/fonts.html

ALSO this works on my PC

Press and hold the 'Alt' key while typing 0 2 1 6 on the numbers key pad
get Ø

Now to post and read and see if the Ø's come up in ye olde NG

--
73 From The Signal In The -6Ø dBm Noise
Caveat Ø Ya All

Old September 13th 03, 09:18 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Clint wrote:
But I think that would only be good for YOUR computer,
which is fine if that's all you need it for. If you send a letter
to somebody in HTML (rich text) using this font, if they
don't have it on their computer as well, they'll get that
annoying large square in place of every slash-zero
you have.

Doesn't even have to be HTML.

It worked on my computer, and I'm not even running the same operating
system. (I'm using Linux)

(unfortunately I can't *type* a slashed zero that way on Linux, but if
someone else types one I can read it)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old September 14th 03, 03:48 PM
Caveat Lector

Yep it shows on many others,
so might be an operating system incompatibility
Glad you responded as I thought it worked on all systems.
Sorry for any confusion.

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message
no, was it suppose to?

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 14th 03, 05:09 PM
Derek Wills

If you sympathize with terrorists & middle eastern tyrants,
vote for liberals...

Why are there so many rednecks on this newsgroup?
Please keep your politics out of here, OK?

Derek aa5bt

Old September 15th 03, 12:04 AM
Clint

well, the error is probably on my end..... I would have to guess,
if so many others are getting a slashed zero. I'd like to
be able to generate one, that would really be great for
ham radio stuff on the computer.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 15th 03, 08:12 PM
Clint

excellent....
sounds like a couple of liberals that I don't really need
to waste time talking to, anyway.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Top nations that fund UN treasury,
in descending order...

United States: 22%
Japan: 19.6%
Germany: 9.8%
France: 6.5%
UK: 5.6%
Italy 5.1%
Canada: 2.6%
Spain: 2.5%

Russia isn't even in this top 8 list.
France, Russia and Germany, COMBINED,
do not contribute as much to the UN as
does the United States......

--

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:05:43 -0500, "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote:

Sorry my oppinion offended you, but I will not shut up.
I recommend you putting me on your block senders list
if you do not care for what I have to say, or not read any
post you see with me as the author.

Recommendation complied with. I do not come here to read about
politics. It's just another form of spam.

Plonk!

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com