Old September 15th 03, 01:20 AM
Torbjørn Morka

Default Contests ?

On 7Mhz band i hear many stations having contests. Pitty, but only short
qso's seems possible, and not easy to get trough with only 45watts and a
wire-dipole...

It si a whole lot easier on the 11m band !
I mean the guys in front of the mic is allways gentle when they hear you. A
shame that it seems unlike the "ham's" are the same kind :-(

73' de torbjorn, la6wla
--
teplace raw with on, for replying...
Old September 15th 03, 03:11 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Torbjørn Morka" wrote in message
On 7Mhz band i hear many stations having contests. Pitty, but only short
qso's seems possible, and not easy to get trough with only 45watts and a
wire-dipole...

It si a whole lot easier on the 11m band !
I mean the guys in front of the mic is allways gentle when they hear you.

shame that it seems unlike the "ham's" are the same kind :-(

73' de torbjorn, la6wla
--
teplace raw with on, for replying...

If you want a long QSO, you need to look for the people who are not
contesting or call CQ so that those who are not contesting can find you.

People in contests are trying to get the maximum number of contacts so they
won't be interested in long QSOs.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 15th 03, 03:11 AM
Caveat Lector

By Gentle Persons agreement -- contests are not conducted on the WARC Bands
12M, 17M, and 30M.

Most contests are on a weekend so bands are contest free 5 days a week
(mostly), so if contests bother you on the weekend --
-- try the WARC Bands.

Also (generally) the contesters are on the lower to middle parts of the
band, so tune up at the upper limit of the band for QSO's

Many times during a contest, I have heard QSO's at the upper portions of the
bands.

Many have worked DXCC-QRP (5 Watts with a vertical) so different problem.

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All