Old December 11th 03, 10:58 PM
Thierry

Hi,

I already see one drawback to this project. I am sure that thousands hams
working from small entities will never confirm your "most wanted" QSOs as
they are probably not connected to the Internet, but conversely, if you want
to valide the most usual contacts, american stations, and other English
spoken big DXCC (VK, G, etc) or big DX-peditions, this procedure should be
useful.

Thierry
ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

"Bob 9V1GO" wrote in message
I recently updated my LoTW for both 9V1GO and G4VGO. Only 240+ hits for
7,900 QSO's for G4VGO, and thirty or so hits for 9V1GO (2K Q's uploaded).
Is anyone using this service? It makes contest QSLing easy, and saves the
direct QSL hassle if you are in a place nobody operates the lower bands

(who
QSLs at least).

Anyway, if you worked 9V1GO, your card is in the server.

73

Bob 9V1GO G4VGO

PS-Direct is OK also, turnaround is about three days when it gets here.

Old December 12th 03, 03:26 AM
RCM

I'm sure a lot more "QSL" managers will be found who will upload for unconnected DX,
rather than do cards. Even do a bunch of typing.... Any HF packet links still running
that these far away stations could use ?

Old December 12th 03, 08:02 PM
Stef

I'm at a 10% hit rate . Of the 11700 QSOs I uploaded, I've had 1180
confirmed.

I've noticed the QSLs I got were mainly from CW and RTTY ops.

My guess is that these ops use computer logging. The SSB guys are not
? They still log by hand?

Who's old fashioned then ?

ha ha

Stef VE2 OWL

Old December 12th 03, 08:07 PM
Stef

By the way, the count is increasing every day.

I've got about 48 countries confirmed.

I've yet to confirm all states: still missing DE, OR, WY
And in Canada, NF, NS, PE, SK and NWT

Old December 14th 03, 03:21 AM
Hank Oredson

"Stef" wrote in message
news
By the way, the count is increasing every day.

I've got about 48 countries confirmed.

I've yet to confirm all states: still missing DE, OR, WY
And in Canada, NF, NS, PE, SK and NWT

Hmmm ... guess we have never had a QSO or you
would have OR confirmed in LoTW :-)

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old December 15th 03, 10:26 PM
Bob Raymond

DXtreme Station Log integrates with LoTW.

Check out:

www.dxtreme.com

Happy Holidays,

Bob Raymond, NE1I
DXtreme Software

www.dxtreme.com

Mac Software for LoTW Dick, AA5VU Dx 2 November 4th 03 08:30 PM
Mac Software for LoTW Dick, AA5VU Dx 4 November 3rd 03 06:34 PM
Logbook of the World (LoTW) Yahoo Group Kevin Gibson Dx 68 October 4th 03 03:36 PM