Old January 22nd 04, 05:05 AM

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:05:30 GMT, "David L Thompson"
wrote:

All Dx stations (rare and semi rare) should give some time
to working USA on 40 SSB split up.

I think all DX stations that pay for their own radio and put up
their own antenna should operate where and how they damn
well please......

73, Jim KH2D

Old January 22nd 04, 08:20 AM
Kreso

BTW. just a short info that Croatian (9A) stations are allowed to
transmit also in 40m band segment between 7.100 and 7.200 as of
26th December 2003. when we got new regulations from telecommunication
authorities.

However, many European "police" stations says "TX out of band" when
you start CQing at 7.101 for example...:-))
But, we can expect that this will improve..

See ya.

Chris, 9A5K/K5CRO

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
gy.com...

It would not be practical to let the USA SSB operators into 7.050 to 7.100
along with all the digital communications that go there too. That's too
narrow a band for so many people. However the last international

conference
decreed that the foreign broadcasts must move out of 7.100 to 7.200 within
just a few years and that this segment will also become exclusively

amateur
world wide. At that time, the USA and the rest of the world will have a
common SSB segment from 7.150 to 7.200 that will not be crowding the

digital
folks. Hopefully the amateur community will continue its work and get the
rest of what the US enjoys (up to 7.300) also allocated to amateurs world
wide.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 22nd 04, 03:28 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Kreso wrote:
BTW. just a short info that Croatian (9A) stations are allowed to
transmit also in 40m band segment between 7.100 and 7.200 as of
26th December 2003. when we got new regulations from telecommunication
authorities.

(I read about that elsewhere; congratulations and welcome!

W stations are going to have to be sure to learn to listen on their own
transmit frequency as well as in 7050-7100 when working contests on 40m
phone. Really they already should be listening there. Last time I made
a serious effort on 40 phone (admittedly about three years ago) a couple
of KP4s and other Caribbean stations, and a pair of VKs, called me on my
own transmit frequency. (I didn't know VK's could transmit up there!))

However, many European "police" stations says "TX out of band" when
you start CQing at 7.101 for example...:-))

grin!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old January 22nd 04, 11:03 PM
Stephen Quigg

In article , Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
Kreso wrote:
BTW. just a short info that Croatian (9A) stations are allowed to
transmit also in 40m band segment between 7.100 and 7.200 as of
26th December 2003. when we got new regulations from telecommunication
authorities.

(I read about that elsewhere; congratulations and welcome!

W stations are going to have to be sure to learn to listen on their own
transmit frequency as well as in 7050-7100 when working contests on 40m
phone. Really they already should be listening there. Last time I made
a serious effort on 40 phone (admittedly about three years ago) a couple
of KP4s and other Caribbean stations, and a pair of VKs, called me on my
own transmit frequency. (I didn't know VK's could transmit up there!))

We sure can!!
look at http://www.wia.org.au/bandplans/Aust...Band_Plans.pdf

Cheers,
Steve.
VK2TUM

Old January 22nd 04, 11:51 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Kreso" wrote in message
BTW. just a short info that Croatian (9A) stations are allowed to
transmit also in 40m band segment between 7.100 and 7.200 as of
26th December 2003. when we got new regulations from telecommunication
authorities.

However, many European "police" stations says "TX out of band" when
you start CQing at 7.101 for example...:-))
But, we can expect that this will improve..

See ya.

Chris, 9A5K/K5CRO

Fantastic news. Just remember that the US stations have to stay above 7.150
for SSB if you want to work the US without going split (7.101 for example
won't be any different for us than the current situation, we'd still have to
go split).

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE