Old January 22nd 04, 10:51 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Kreso" wrote in message
BTW. just a short info that Croatian (9A) stations are allowed to
transmit also in 40m band segment between 7.100 and 7.200 as of
26th December 2003. when we got new regulations from telecommunication
authorities.

However, many European "police" stations says "TX out of band" when
you start CQing at 7.101 for example...:-))
But, we can expect that this will improve..

See ya.

Chris, 9A5K/K5CRO

Fantastic news. Just remember that the US stations have to stay above 7.150
for SSB if you want to work the US without going split (7.101 for example
won't be any different for us than the current situation, we'd still have to
go split).

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 25th 04, 08:10 PM
Uncle Peter

"David L Thompson" wrote in message
link.net...

Tonight and early this AM I listened to HF0QF work DX on 40 SSB. I and
several other USA stations started calling him on CW asking him to listen

up
for USA. I know he heard us because
he was S8 to 9 here and only S5 to 6 in Europe. Dave K4JRB

You answered your own question. The guy wanted to talk with
friends, not hand out contacts and cards to stateside. Seems
simple to me. Its a hobby.

Pete