Old April 20th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Wes Stewart

Default VU4

On 18 Apr 2006 21:44:32 GMT, Fabian Kurz wrote:

Wes Stewart wrote:
Worked the DL7DF-group on 17m CW today (all time new one) during
a short break at university (hooray for campus clubstation!),
quite easy from Europe.

You're going to count this as your own?

Yep. It was made using my own callsigns, which is perfectly legal
here. I know there have been some debates about the validity or
'ethicality' of this kind of contacts, but I personally feel it's
absolutely OK. It also conforms to DXCC rules, which say:

,----[ Section I. Basic Rules ]----------------------------------
| Contacts may be made from other stations provided they are
| personally made by the licensee.
`----------------------------------------------------------------

You left this part out:

"Contacts made from club stations using a club callsign may not be
used for credit to an individual's DXCC."

Your rules appear to be different but in the US the call sign is
assigned to the "station", not the individual and the station call is
what should be used.

A few years ago I operated W1AW but I sure wouldn't claim those QSOs
as my own for DXCC purposes since I identified as W1AW, not N7WS.

Old April 20th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Wes Stewart wrote:
Worked the DL7DF-group on 17m CW today (all time new one) during
a short break at university (hooray for campus clubstation!),
quite easy from Europe.

You're going to count this as your own?

Yep. It was made using my own callsigns, which is perfectly legal
here. I know there have been some debates about the validity or
'ethicality' of this kind of contacts, but I personally feel it's
absolutely OK. It also conforms to DXCC rules, which say:

,----[ Section I. Basic Rules ]----------------------------------
| Contacts may be made from other stations provided they are
| personally made by the licensee.
`----------------------------------------------------------------

You left this part out:

"Contacts made from club stations using a club callsign may not be
used for credit to an individual's DXCC."

wasn't relavant he was using his call as stated
gigo deleted
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old April 20th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Fabian Kurz

Wes Stewart wrote:
Fabian Kurz wrote:
Yep. It was made using my own callsign, which is perfectly legal

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You left this part out:

"Contacts made from club stations using a club callsign may not be
used for credit to an individual's DXCC."

Again: I made the QSO using my own personal callsign (DJ1YFK),
not with the clubstation callsign.

Your rules appear to be different but in the US the call sign is
assigned to the "station", not the individual and the station call is
what should be used.

Yes. In DL the callsign is assigned to an individual, no matter
from where it's used.

A few years ago I operated W1AW but I sure wouldn't claim those QSOs
as my own for DXCC purposes since I identified as W1AW, not N7WS.

Same here with my numerous recent activities where I was actually
using a club-call (like DM1A WAE CW, DP4T CQWW CW, DP4K RUDX, all M/S).
That would have added a *lot* of new bandpoints, if it was credited
to my own callsign.

73,
--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/
Online Log: http://dl0tud.tu-dresden.de/~dj1yfk/log.html
Old April 20th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Wes Stewart

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:56:17 -0400, Markie the tech wrote:

wasn't (sic) relavant (sic) he was using his call as stated (sic)

Please don't try to correct me unless you learn to spell and form
complete sentences.

I understood completely that he was using his own call.

That would be where I said, "Your rules appear to be different but in

And don't selectively delete things to make a dip**** point.

Old April 20th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dee Flint

Wes Stewart wrote:
Worked the DL7DF-group on 17m CW today (all time new one) during
a short break at university (hooray for campus clubstation!),
quite easy from Europe.

You're going to count this as your own?

Yep. It was made using my own callsigns, which is perfectly legal
here. I know there have been some debates about the validity or
'ethicality' of this kind of contacts, but I personally feel it's
absolutely OK. It also conforms to DXCC rules, which say:

,----[ Section I. Basic Rules ]----------------------------------
| Contacts may be made from other stations provided they are
| personally made by the licensee.
`----------------------------------------------------------------

You left this part out:

"Contacts made from club stations using a club callsign may not be
used for credit to an individual's DXCC."

Your rules appear to be different but in the US the call sign is
assigned to the "station", not the individual and the station call is
what should be used.

Still the club can "loan" the station to an individual and that individual
can operate using their own call sign. It's basically a matter of club
policy whether or not you may use your own call sign on the club station.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old April 20th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:35:34 -0700, Wes Stewart
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:56:17 -0400, Markie the tech wrote:

wasn't (sic) relavant (sic) he was using his call as stated (sic)

Please don't try to correct me unless you learn to spell and form
complete sentences.

your request it refused esp as you decided to go on in your reply to
lie about what I said
as you do in the following line

Old April 20th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:02:41 -0400, "Dee Flint"
wrote:

.. .

Wes Stewart wrote:
Worked the DL7DF-group on 17m CW today (all time new one) during
a short break at university (hooray for campus clubstation!),
quite easy from Europe.

You're going to count this as your own?

Yep. It was made using my own callsigns, which is perfectly legal
here. I know there have been some debates about the validity or
'ethicality' of this kind of contacts, but I personally feel it's
absolutely OK. It also conforms to DXCC rules, which say:

,----[ Section I. Basic Rules ]----------------------------------
| Contacts may be made from other stations provided they are
| personally made by the licensee.
`----------------------------------------------------------------

You left this part out:

"Contacts made from club stations using a club callsign may not be
used for credit to an individual's DXCC."

Your rules appear to be different but in the US the call sign is
assigned to the "station", not the individual and the station call is
what should be used.

Still the club can "loan" the station to an individual and that individual
can operate using their own call sign. It's basically a matter of club
policy whether or not you may use your own call sign on the club station.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

amusing we find ourselves in agreement