Old April 8th 04, 04:33 AM
Dave, AA6YQ

ADIF export and import "mostly" work. ADIF says nothing about field lengths,
so you might experience truncation. Also, some logging applications claim to
comply with ADIF, but take liberties -- like storing Names in the QTH field,
or exporting frequencies that contain two decimal points.

DXKeeper uses the Microsoft Jet data base engine, which means that you can
open and manipulate its log files with either Excel or Access. This doesn't
help with moving log data from one application to another, but does make
your log data completely accessible should you wish to manipulate it in ways
that the application doesn't support.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

"Drink" wrote in message
Thanks to all for spending so much time giving opinions and opposing
viewpoints. One other question. Is it feasible to use different

programs
to access the same database? (Format question). That way, maybe I could

try
a few different programs to see what works best for me without having to
fat-finger from one log to another. Maybe import/export options would

be
good way to do this.
I'm still using my old IC-730 and dipole, so, I don't have the need

for
receiver control/rotor control. I probably will someday, though. Will

most
programs let me import my log?

Well most programs use different ways of storing the data so they cannot
directly read each other's datafiles. However so long as they support

ADIF
export and import you can move data from program to program. Hopefully

your
current software will let you export in ADIF.

I would recommend downloading the programs and playing with them for a

while
with dummy data. After picking the one you like, then move your data.

My personal favorites a

General logging: N3FJP's ACLog - I like the user interface better than

any
I have seen and it does a good job of allowing you to track information

for
awards.

Contest logging:
N3FJP for those contests he has programmed. For the state QSO parties, I
really like the maps that show the counties worked besides the standard

type
list.
N1MM for contests I can't find in the N3FJP group.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old April 17th 04, 05:21 PM
Drink

Gentlemen,
BAM! I'm armed with knowledge and, thusly, recognized by the court as a
lethal weapon. Thanks to all you de facto Elmers who are helping me move
to a soft-copy log.
o_o_o_o
Best Regards, /| ,[_____],
Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)
EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W

Old April 17th 04, 05:21 PM
Drink

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

"Drink" wrote in message
[...]

RS computer boat anchor logging program G. Doughty Boatanchors 0 October 24th 04 03:32 PM
QSO logging program that does ADIF Kirk Mohror Dx 10 March 18th 04 03:40 PM
QSO logging program that does ADIF Kirk Mohror Dx 0 March 13th 04 07:00 AM
Logging Program FAZAMY Dx 2 January 4th 04 09:09 PM
Logging Program FAZAMY Dx 0 January 4th 04 08:02 PM