Old April 14th 04, 11:04 AM
Peter Lemken

Default Need help converting Logger --> ADIF

Howdy everybody,

having finally migrated everything from Windows to Linux, I'd also like to
export my log data to ADIF in order to import it into any of the available
log programs under Linux.

I tried to do that with logger, but since I only have wine left, I failed to
do so. The export to ADIF quits after 118 QSOs and the log hangs after that
and the process needs to be killed.

Can someone please help me and convert my logger data to ADIF via e-mail?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Peter Lemken

Peter Lemken
Berlin

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
Old April 15th 04, 07:13 PM
Gary

http://www.storm.ca/~ve3iay/spreadsh.html

Take a look at this url. If you can export what you have to Excel or
to text and then to Excel or some other spreadsheet, you can get this
done for the basic stuff. The idea is to take tab delimited text,
paste to a spreadsheet, add formulas, and then save the right things
out as text--an almost instant adif file.

Old April 16th 04, 07:44 AM
Peter Lemken

Peter Lemken wrote:

Can someone please help me and convert my logger data to ADIF via e-mail?

Someone did that for me already, so thank you all for trying to help me.

Can we now please start an Open Source project for a decent logging program
that is designed for a DXer? We already have a perfect contest logging
utility (http://home.iae.nl/users/reinc/dxpedition_disk.html) which I have
already used at A61AF (and you should all give it a try), but everyday
logging with DXCC stats, QSL-printing, Cluster interoperability, hamlib for
TRX-control and a workable GUI would be nice.

Xlog and Klog are good starts, but what it needs is more people within the
DX-community to define the required features and contribute to such a
project. No need to be a programmer, people are needed as testers, writers
for documentation and to spread the word.

Can I mobilize rec.radio.amateur.dx to contribute?

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

Old April 18th 04, 08:51 PM
MikeT

Peter,

This is very easy to do using a standard BASH shell script, I have done it
a number of times from and to different formats.

I can provide some help if you need it.

Also, any log programs that are written for Linux must be able to compile
on PowerPC Linux platform as well as I use both Intel and PowerPC Linux
boxes here !

Best regards to all ...

MikeT
M0AWS
UNIX System Administrator
Solaris/AIX/HPUX/Linux/PTX

Old April 19th 04, 08:05 PM
Peter Dougherty

Peter Lemken wrote:

Can we now please start an Open Source project for a decent logging program
that is designed for a DXer?

I'll second that suggestion IF it's Open Source on multiple platforms.
While I'll bet there's almost nothing available for the Linux platform
right now, I'd say that most of the ones on the PC side are pretty
crude compared to other non-ham-radio software that's out there now.

Is such a project feasable?

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net