Old April 15th 04, 05:39 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Win wrote:
I am not to the point where I worry much about multiple bands. I still
have plenty to work all bands. I did work the T33 twice, though. He
was on 10 meters towards the last and getting not gettign much
activity. I couldnt resist.

Understood!

I'm within "shooting distance" of 5BDXCC - just need a few more QSLs on
80m - so I've been watching the expeditions for 80m activity. Been
messing around with RTTY too.

I am going tol just stick to my play for a while. I get up early and
check the spots that are working Europe and then try to figure out
where they will be when the band opens here. Another part of that plan
is to fish a lot, HI.

grin! (but really that's important. At least twice, I found T33C
before anybody spotted him. They're a lot easier to work that way!
Many years back, there was a well-publicized expedition to Clipperton.
One day on 10m, everybody & their brother was on the announced
Clipperton frequency trying to work the FO0. I decided to go tuning,
and found midway between the FO0's transmit and receive frequencies...

a TI9, CQing his head off without any answers. Worked on first call.)

thought he was. TT is who I have been looking for. Now that I am
retired I will have more time to look.

Didn't know there was a TT on. (wouldn't doubt it!) Will have to look.

Where can I get the Monitor Times?

Many newsstands carry it, or
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mt_dealers.html . I write "American
Bandscan", about domestic AM/FM/TV broadcasts.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old April 15th 04, 07:37 PM
Win

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:39:08 GMT, Doug Smith W9WI
wrote:

Win wrote:
[...]

I'll pick up a copy fo The Monitor next time I am in town.

I don't think there is a TT active. I still need a YA and YI. Those
two should not be a problem this summer. I heard a YI the other day,
but had to meet a commitment. Have seen YAs on some of the old spots.

Caught one bass all morning. Back to radio.....

Win

Old April 16th 04, 03:13 AM
John Passaneau

wrote:

Win wrote:
[...]

There was TT8PK on this last weekend. I worked him on a 2 bands. I'm sorry
to hear the ZS8 is gone as I never heard him at all.

--
John Passaneau W3JXP
State College, Pa

Old April 16th 04, 04:48 AM
Win

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:13:44 -0400, "John Passaneau"
wrote:
There was TT8PK on this last weekend. I worked him on a 2 bands. I'm sorry
to hear the ZS8 is gone as I never heard him at all.

John, a ZS informs me the ZS8MI group will be active again.. This
ZS8MI Iop was on 20 meters phone, 14.185 I believe. He worked a list
most of the time. I read that he did work a few minutes of CW, but not
much.

I would sure be interested in the frequencies that the TT8PK was
working.

Win W0LZ

Old April 16th 04, 05:33 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

Win wrote:
I don't think there is a TT active. I still need a YA and YI. Those
two should not be a problem this summer. I heard a YI the other day,
but had to meet a commitment. Have seen YAs on some of the old spots.

Worked YI9ZF a couple of weeks ago. (17CW, 1416z) FAST QSL via SM1TDE,
impressive. He's been pretty active, some on RTTY too.

Landed YA8G last weekend (20 CW, 0154z) - haven't tried for a QSL yet.
I see various YAs spotted from time to time, though more often by
Europeans at times/frequencies that aren't very useful from the States.

Propagation is tough to both countries, more so to YA. YA8G sounded
like a UA9, coming over the pole.

Old April 16th 04, 05:36 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

John Passaneau wrote:
There was TT8PK on this last weekend. I worked him on a 2 bands. I'm sorry
to hear the ZS8 is gone as I never heard him at all.

The ZS8 was spotted today, so I guess he's *not* gone:

CT1FMX 14246.0 ZS8MI no split ????? 1913 15 Apr 2004
F6JOB 14246.0 ZS8MI yessssssssssssssss 1918 15 Apr 2004
F6JOB 14246.1 ZS8MI THANKS NEW ONE 1920 15 Apr 2004
DM2DXA 14246.0 ZS8MI no split, very bad qrm 1941 15 Apr 2004
EA3GEG 14246.0 ZS8MI if you like dreaming 1946 15 Apr 2004
F6JOB 14245.9 ZS8MI Fine copy : Log update ? 1950 15 Apr 2004

There are a bunch of spots on 7010 which I take to be CW. My
understanding is the guy is a scientist on the island, so may be there
for awhile - but isn't particularly pileup-experienced.