Old May 25th 04, 03:41 PM
Keyboard In The Noise

Not so far fetched as one might think -- if you can determine which county
in Ohio has the lowest population (Ham Wise) -- you can put that county on
the air and get a lot of action from the county hunters. Dxpedition to
Morrow County, Ohio (:-)

For a real challenge -- drive thru all Ohio counties as a rover and give out
Worked all Ohio county awards (:-) Some Hams have done this while on
vacation!!! Might qualify as a "Worked all Ohio Counties DXpedition" 88
counties in Ohio

Or a rare Ohio grid square -- the VHFers will pile up on you. An Ohio's
rarest grid square Dxpedition (:-)

Or a special event station commemorating the closing of the Ohio steel mills
and rubber plants. Dxpedition to Ohio's crumbling steel mills (:-)

With these you can be the pileupor instead of the pileupee. Great for the
ego and improve your contest skills.

If you live in the Indian ocean area-- Hocking County, Ohio might well be
rare DX (:-)

All in good fun -- or is it good DX -- ear of the beholder huh

--
Keyboard In The Noise

Opinions are the cheapest commodities in the world. Author unknown but
"right on"

Helen, I was thinking about activating Ohio next weekend. If I do,
I'll give further details in my next post.

bb

Old June 6th 04, 05:38 PM
KØHB

"9V1GO" wrote

You have no idea what a DXpedition
is my friend.

In truth, they know EXACTLY what a DXpedition is. It is a guy, a couple
of guys, or a battalion sized group of guys, off to another county,
another country, or an uncharted rock, simply to play radio for the fun
of playing radio.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old June 6th 04, 05:41 PM
KØHB

"Hellen Marsh" wrote

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are. And merely by asking, you have demonstrated that you
wouldn't understand the answer.

73, de Hans, K0HB

DX Pedition M1LCR Dx 2 May 10th 04 10:39 PM
DX Pedition M1LCR Dx 0 May 8th 04 06:23 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #643 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 January 11th 04 10:14 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #643 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 January 11th 04 10:14 PM
problems reading W3UHF's icomclassic site, too much 'script' Dan Jacobson Boatanchors 0 November 4th 03 12:34 AM